14- The Date

Make sure you vote before starting.
Happy reading

___________________________________________

On our way to the cafe, I almost took the wrong direction which apparently Sakshu wouldn't have noticed cuz she was busy on her phone. Texting someone.

The urge to grab her phone and throw it out of the window was higher. But I maintained composure.

It was our date and she was paying attention to some fucking phone.

We arrived there pretty late. I actually wanted to have dinner with her but then she abruptly told me the location and time. I was pretty sure she hasn't changed and if i deny her on this date she would deny me any date. To be on the safer side I had to agree to her.

By the way, she was looking so hot sitting in my car, beside me. I silently prayed to god that it should last until eternity.

Entering I saw her getting uncomfortable and her small eyes bulged out as if she saw imperious gigantic dinosaurs. But soon I recognized the girl. She was the same girl sticking around Sakshi on the mehndi day. They were continuously giggling and hitting each other. It was as if I saw the teen Sakshi whenever she was with that girl. Cheerful in all possible ways to its utmost. I am happy she still has the child within her alive. At Least someone must behave childish.

Keeping apart all the fuss she would be a perfect wife for me. Wait what? I don't have plans for marriage in the near future but I know this for sure I ain't marrying anyone who isn't her.

My life, my house, my money, my happiness, my problems, my scars, my achievements all are hers. She isn't aware of all this but she will be soon. I already promised her years back that she is mine and I am hers. I hate breaking promises and I prefer not to. If she doesn't remember all this I would be more than willing to remind her. There's no one separating us.

My parents like her. They always thought we were friends. Even now. Not even Hrudya has any idea about us and our past. Her mother clearly likes me and Anjali of course she loves me so much. I don't know about her father.

I was worried looking at her expression so I asked her, "Are you okay?" with concern lacing my tone. It's the most I could do after all the tantrum she put up during the drive.

And she didn't reply. Thank you for the honor Sakshi!

She kept staring at them and finally did me a big favor by sitting opposite to me.

"Is that Nidhi?" I asked only with the intention of making a conversation.

"Are your eyes damaged?, she questioned back with so much attitude reminding me why I loved her. Me being me threw draggers at her which she clearly ignored.

"Why don't you answer a question properly?", I asked again this time to pick up a fight.

"I don't want to- ",she was interrupted by a call from my sister.

"Excuse me", I said just to be a good gentleman and not disappoint her.

"Yes please, it must be important.", she grumbled. It caught my attention. Why did her tone change?

I gave her a 'what do you mean' look.

"Your girlfriend know it should be important.", she glared. I narrowed my eyes at her in confusion. Was she in her senses?

I put the call on the speaker.

"Anna you took this time to answer?", she spoke. And her face turned pale. She was deciphering the new information. Of Course she doesn't know Hrudya. I never spoke much about my family but she kept grumbling about her family. Especially her father.

Ironically, we both hate our fathers. But she loves her mom. Forget love, my mother never considered me her son. Things are better now.

"Yeah, Why?"

"Amma was asking for you." I sense the sun must be setting in the east that my mother was asking for me. Something doesn't feel right.

Oh wait, everything doesn't feel right. Priya Sasikumar was asking for me.

"Tell her I'll be home in an hour or two."

I then end the call.

"Was she your sister?" She asked embarrassment laced in her voice which for some reason turned me on. Very inappropriate.

"Yes, my little devil." I chucked, ignoring my feelings.

"You never said her name so-", I cut her off, saying, "You knew how things were." She shouldn't be using it as an excuse tbh.

"I am sorry" , she said, her voice barely heard.

"Don't be", It wasn't all her fault. Of course she didn't know.

"You don't have a girlfriend is it?", She asked me and something banged in my chest and I knew it was possibly the correct time to tell her the speech I have been preparing for many years now. Not assuming any answer from her for what I am going to say I close my eyes to gather some courage and grab her hands.

"Sakshu, I am really sorry for what happened earlier. I know I shouldn't have left that way. I am very hurt too. I don't mean your less hurt. We need to talk to get things off. I need you to tell me how you felt when I left. How hard was is it for you to move on. How you managed your boards and other two years at school. And how you spent these years without me. I may have been wrong and I did want I wanted to do. I did what felt to right to me at that moment. I was vulnerable until I saw you too. I put myself in your shoes to understand you. Please put yourself in my shoes too. That's when you will know how much I missed you. How much I missed your voice and how much I missed seeing you. I missed every single part of you. Every single thing about you. I got updates of your life here and there from Rahul. He tells me stuff what Anjali tells him about you. I-I couldn't bring up the courage to meet you. I did come up here a few times but I lost my confidence. I decided to wi- win you back when Anjali said you didn't have a boyfriend after school that's after me, after I left. I know, Yet your eyes tell me they still love me. Exactly the way you used to. Pl- please forgive me. I can't accept any other girl in my life to take your place. I didn't give that place to anyone after you. I swear. I want that person to be you again.", I said it all. In a go. I stammered a bit and my eyes turned all blurred just as I looked at her.

It has always been hard for me to be open about something. It's not specific to anyone. I barely ever show emotions. It's really a hard thing for me to do. My father has always had doubts if i was his son for real because according to him i never showed my expressions since my birth.

She looks at me with tears waiting to spill out and then she breaks out crying.

I wipe off her tears and slightly rub her hands, "Am I forgiven?"

She smiles as she nods and this is the best thing ever. It makes me feel as if I have won. Won everything in this whole fucking wide world.

The mesmerizing beauty even while she is crying makes me grin.

We spend some good time looking at each other and are disturbed by the coughs of someone who does this to grab our attention. It's the greatest of all time Rahul Vidhyaraj. Fucking asshole. Disturbed the whole damn moment. This guy hasn't yet lost the habit of ruining people's privacy.

Sakshi looks at him with venom in her eyes as he sits near me. "How's the environment?", He teased me and pinched my cheek. But my girl didn't let him get entertained.

"Pleasant until your arrival." she made a face at him and he frowned.

"Why did you come here?", I asked nonchalantly. 
_________________________________________

Use your wonderful hands and click on the vote icon. I am sure it wouldnt take more than second. Thank you.

Do comment if your not satisfied with anything ill make sure its gonna be worth your time.

That's it for the day. I am so grateful you read this chapter.☺️

I hope your having fun reading this book and if you want me to add something specific or change something. You can dm me in Instagram.

Until next update, Goodbye and take care. Lots of love and positive energy.💖