12- Perfect

"Sakshi has been a great part of our lives and you both(indicating Rahul and Anjali) have to agree. She has been a strong pillar and has stood against all negativity for us. She fought with you both for this dream wedding and when it's finally happening don't all of you think this amazing human needs to be thanked? On behalf of everyone Sakshu THANK YOU SO MUCH. You've been a really great person everyday even during your bad days. You have motivated everyone and did a really good job. You'll always be remembered and loved. Wishing you all the very best and lots of love for your future. And hope you find your love again(wink)." I said with admiration for her.

She had tears flowing from her eyes and that for some reason made my heart happy.

I pass her tissue after a wide grin appears on her face making me realise she liked it, the video.

And as I instructed Siddharth he played our favourite song. They were the ones we loved listening to together. I do even today.

It reminds me of her.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

She looked at me and my heart beat skyrocketed, I felt short of breath and my brain recognised nothing but her.

As I took a step towards her looking into her dark brown eyes to get on my knees everything was spoiled.

In just a moment.

If I would have apologised to her at this moment she wouldn't have the courage to deny actually.

"Anjali, can you believe it's our mehdi today." Rahul's video message for Anjali was played.

Shit. Siddharth is dead.

Why now?

Couldn't he play it after some time.

I go in search of Siddharth only to find Akshay there. I tug on his collar and he looked at me confused.

"What?", he yelled.

"Why did you play it now?", I snarled at him.

Jithesh jogged to us, while Hrudya followed him.

He grabbed my collar as I raised my voice and yelled "Rahul said to play it."

l clutched him tighter and he punched me on my jaw. I raised my hand to knock off his head but my sister caught it and Jithesh was becoming a pillar.

She pulled me away from there and started wiping the blood on my lower lip with her tissue.

I hissed and she applied more pressure there.

I pushed her behind and she held my wrist and cursed me. I glared at her but it had no effect on her. Instead she started correcting my hair. I yanked her hand and walked away.

She called out for me but I didn't bother to turn.

I went to the balcony to get out of all this. I lit up a cigarette. Dialling a call to my mother I pulled in a long drag.

I tried thrice and no one answered.

Akshay came in and I offered him the cigarette looking away. Shame filled me for unnecessarily scowling at him. He snatched it from me.

"What happened asshole?", he asked while he inhaled.

I look at the plants they have adorned the house with not wanting to answer him.

"Get yourself pleasant able and come to the stage. It's time for our performance.", he informed me and left me alone.

By the time I reached the stage area performances had started.

Dhruv signalled me that the next performance was ours so I jogged to them amidst the crowd.

"Where were you?", he questioned and Hrudya came in front of me. Without uttering anything she began fixing my hair and patted my shoulders.

She was indeed mad. I can deal with her after this but now I need to perform.

In front of Sakshi.

It's been so long since I danced. Not that we didn't rehearse.

As we were called on the stage my feet went numb and I was incapable of understanding my situation. But my feet automatically danced to music and my eyes searched for her's.

She was standing amidst her friends looking at me and my lips widened forming a wide grin.

I couldn't help but look at her. As we get down my heartbeat dominates all the sounds around.

It's the longest time in these eight years that I have been so nervous again. After I met her.

We walked to Rahul to ask about our performance. He stood up and hugged us one after the other. I didn't wait for him andI kneeled before Anjali "How was our dance?", I ask with a smirk.

"Electrifying!", she half yelled with a grin.

I smiled back and Rahul whispered to me "Did you tell her?"

I shake my head, earning a smack on my arm from Anjali and glare from Rahul.

Suddenly there was so much of an ovation and I turned my head to look at a panicked Sakshi.

She started dancing so gracefully. I smacked Dhruv on his head as he was gaping at her. No one gets to gap at my girl.

Her eyebrows formed into a frown and eyes glossy. I whistled for her just so she would feel at ease and less nervous. Joining me so many others started cheering.

I wanted to go appreciate her as she danced so tremendously. But something in me refused to cooperate.

My phone rang and I slipped out to the balcony.

It was about 30 minutes and I didn't realize I missed out on the event. I don't care enough to feel bad for not being present.

___________________________________________

Use your wonderful hands and click on the vote icon. I am sure it wouldnt take more than  second. Thank you.

Do comment if your not satisfied with anything ill make sure its gonna be worth your time.

That's it for the day. I am so grateful you read this chapter.☺️

I hope your having fun reading this book and if you want me to add something specific or change something. You can dm me in Instagram.

Until next update, Goodbye and take care. Lots of love and positive energy.💖