UIA : Tear gazing

-Amara, 16years ago.

ONLY five minutes left and I would make a run for it. Forget the fact that they cooked my favourite dish, forget that they were my parents but right now I needed air. Fresh fresh fresh air.

The food in my stomach churned as Leanna wiped the juice from her lips. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at the flirtatious display and instead chose to play with the peas on my plate.

So green. So lush. So-

"Amara? Did you?" Green orbs stared back at me. What did he say?

His dark skin contrasted with his green orbs. How could someone with this much melanin have such green eyes? Leanna had said outloud upon meeting him. I would've expected him to fume but he chuckled warily.

When I tried to talk to him, he was so distant.

Stop comparing yourself.

"Don't mind her, she's a little shy." Leanna flicked her hair and grabbed another sip of her red wine.

As expected. This time I could not hold back. The eye roll just slipped by without permission and she was at it with the death glare. Grateful that my mother hadn't noticed, I sipped the apple juice and excused myself from the table.

The chair skidded backwards and fell with a dramatic thud. How disappointing. A hand rested on mine as I tried to take the chair. Nope. Not again.
I removed my hand from the foreign contact and backed away.

The smile he spotted sent a wave of rage through my veins but submitted in time. His perfectly chiseled jaw, prominent muscles and dangerously handsome face could not get to me. I just had to stay back.

Stay back. Even when he slowly sat back down, my feet remained glued to the marble floor. So much for not falling. I turned my back and rushed outside.

Whatever he was doing wasn't going to work. Not again.

Tears pricked at my eyes and threatened to fall as I sauntered to the massive garden of the Roth Mansion. My knees buckled under my weight and I crashed into the damp evening grass.

I wonder what it would feel like to become one with nature. Flee from all the troubles in the world and just be at peace. Peace was never in my vocabulary though.

A shrieked escaped my parted lips as cold aqua splashed against my evening gown. The white dress perfectly in contrast with my dark skin. I ran away from the sprinklers and went further deep into the garden.

This would be really good timing to escape. Unfortunately, I couldn't. I wish I could. But I just couldn't.

If I kept this baby, they would know. They would know what happened that night. I can never let them find out. The shame I would bring if I told the truth. There's nothing left to do.

I'll have to marry him. I'll keep you safe. My little baby.

I promise.

"It's time to go Amara." Jonah said. When did he show up? Oh well. Here goes nothing.

Our skin came into contact and it burned where he touched. It felt like a billion insects were crawling all over my skin. I heaved a sigh at the contact but suppressed it with a smile.

All for you.

**************************************

That does it! The first chapter is down! This was a pretty brief intro and even then it wasn't the main characters POV. Which is something completely different. I know whenever a book starts it most of the time is the main character's POV but not today!

Thank you so much for reading up to this far. It may not even sound intriguing to you but if you stay on track and head on forward, you stand a chance to win absolutely nothing!!

How cool is that?

Nothing but a good read bbe!☄️

So go on...

PLEASE VOTE SO THAT MORE PEOPLE FIND THE BOOK!

Question of the day:

What is your corner name? *Don't know what it's actually called but yh*

Basically this is how it works>>>

1st letter of your name
Last letter of your name
                     +
1st letter of your surname
Last letter of your surname
                   =
      Corner name!

Mine used to be NOPE and then I changed my surname, now its NODO.

So you guys can call me Nodo!🤔
Pretty cool huh?

psst!psst!
Vooooooootteeeee

Yes I'm that daring.