Honey im home

Enzo - royal crest

Sophia is asleep in my arms as we make the short journey from the airport to Royal Crest. Her brother is right, she loves to snooze like a little pit monster. Reme is amused in my head. I wonder if Blade is the same. Again he yips confirming my observation and my chest heaves with my silent laughter. She stirs in my arms and I feel guilty for waking her.

Taking her from her family was difficult. She has spent her whole life on Solar and now here she is with me on a different planet. Luckily we have the technology to get us back quickly if she needs to return. I want to ask her where she was destined to be? Is it an alpha I know of? Have I met him before? Will I always have to watch our backs in case he tries to swoop in and take her? It's extremely unsettling and not to mention sickening that I might lose her to the unworthy piece of shit.

As we cross through the gates she opens her eyes and smiles up at me. We are home, she says and something akin to pride fills my chest at her calling Royal Crest her home.  I too feel a sudden relief as my lands welcome me back.

Our eyes catch the front of the pack house where a welcoming party stand and wait. More pride fills me. "Looks like there's a lot of people that missed there Alpha?" Sophia says. I scoff, "you wait until they see who's with me, I will soon be forgotten" and she giggles. "I can't help my awesomeness Alpha".

I was correct in my assumption, they were excited to see me until they spotted Sophia and then I was ditched like a used napkin. They must be wondering why she is with me and in time I will tell them, but for now I want to spend the next 5 days making wonderful memories together.

I'm so confused about her confidence in not leaving me. Every text book and person I have ever spoken with has said it's impossible to stay away from your fated. I will have to monitor her. I don't want her suffering in silence.

Right, now to face this pack house. Lucas tells me it's done and I can try and forget about the past without any reminders. I suppose I will soon tell. I wait for Sophia's fan club to disperse. We could be here all night I joke to Reme.

I seem to be stuck in my spot as I stand looking up at the place, contemplating walking in. I need to man up and get this over with. As if she can sense my internal struggle, Sophia comes up behind me. "You know, if we didn't have such an audience, I would let you carry me over the threshold" she says giggling. "What a good idea Angel" I say with a predatory look. "What?" "I was joking Enzo". "I wasn't" I say grabbing her and slinging her over my shoulder.

She screams , smacking my bum before I start to tickle her doubling the embarrassment as she's now hysterical with laughter. "As I turn to look at my pack members they all have adoration and joy written on their faces whilst they laugh along with me.

I put her down just over the threshold. She's laughing and trying to scold me at the same time. "You just wait Alpha!" She says smirking.

I look at her adoringly. This feels so natural. Where I have found this confidence from to even touch her is beyond me. Last time she was here I couldn't string a sentence together, if someone had told me it would be like this on my return I think I would have malfunctioned or had a heart attack one or the other. I couldn't be happier that she's here with me.

It's then that we both notice the change. Sophia, whistles. "Very. Very nice". I have to agree, it's stunning. Lucas and Jennifer smile pleased that I approve. They walk us through the hall and all the other spaces that I requested change and it's perfect. It smells like a new home too. Even the library as had a fresh lick of paint and new furnishings. "Office?" Lucas asks. I have to get this over with so I nod. I pull my Angel with me not giving her a chance to escape. The door is already open as we reach the landing so I can already see the vast changes. I'm relieved. It's a mixture of modern and traditional with a complete colour change of pale sage and light wood tones. Knowing that Sophia's childhood bedroom is decorated in the same colours instantly relaxes me. Both new desks have also been positioned in a different spot with a new herringbone floor. I love it I decide.