Chapter 5: Let Me Die

The Ducal House of the Lazuellas

After hearing the report of Favionn that talked about an old woman holding the blessed artifact of the Lazuella family, and the words the woman muttered, their search for Chione Lazuella pointed to one location.

The Bridge of Abuelon.

Knights and scouts were sent to the place. It has been thirty minutes since the word got out where Chione might be found.

With a worried face and a fast thumping heart, the Duke paced back and forth to his office as he awaited any kind of news.

As for the Duchess, the Duke resorted to making her drink tea with sleeping powder on it. It was because the Duchess naturally had a weak composition because of her health, he did not want to stress her more since she had been crying non-stop.

He can't lose them both. His daughter and his wife.

"Pardon me Duke but—" He didn't allow the person who spoke to continue the introductions.

The shocked face of the maid and her uncurt arrival just prove that something important came up.

Kavial took large strides towards the door of his office and eventually down to the front door of the ducal mansion.

Like a scene that came out of a perfect portrait, Kavial watched the bright blonde hair of the empire's crown prince flutter by the light that was illuminated by the lamp that guided the entrance.

His hair was thin and wet because of the unresting rain that fell.

His tall stature walked over their front garden and in his arms was the lifeless body of her adopted daughter.

"Chione!" Without an umbrella or a coat, the Duke ran toward the two. "Prepare the closest room!" He shouted to the butler and maids stood by the door waiting for the return of their masters.

Everyone was wet.

Everyone, as if they were trumps being played, ran all over the palace.

The whole ducal house was in disarray.

They were in a panic because not only were they witnessing the return of the princess, but the prince, who was to be the future emperor came to visit the house.

The Duchess, who was already fast asleep, was woken up by the loud thuds from outside her husband's office.

Even though dizzy from the sudden wake, she hugged herself with her husband's coat that covered her and walked without even wearing her indoor slippers.

The ones who passed through her could say that she looked like an angel that descended from hell. Her features were far from that of the other four members of the family. Her black hair flowed down up to her waist and she did not have a dark aura in her head, it was a shining gold.

If the four had eyes that would seem to eat everyone else alive, the duchess had green eyes which would remind everyone of the calm nature.

"What's happening?" Her words scratched her dried throat. The maid she asked suddenly stopped out of admiration, and after catching herself breathless, she bowed a twenty-five degree and spoke.

"His Highness the crown prince brought the princess here.."

"Chione?!" She gripped the elbow of the maid. Shocked by the sudden change of attitude, she stepped back. "Y-Yes, Duchess." She looked at the other servants like her who was also shocked to see how the ladyship cared for the orphan.

"Your Highness," The butler walked towards Czechaine with a blissful tone. "The lady had arrived." She smiled at the words.

'Chione is safe!'