87 - The Only Way (2,0k words)

YaYa's POV

Mitchell didn't look tired, just too mushy to do anything, the afterglow taking its sweet time wearing off.

Damn temptation, it was inviting me, calling for me, begging for more action.

I swatted away my thoughts and called Bart to help me carry Mitchell to the bathroom.

After I put on my pants, I scrubbed the carpet and the wall, erasing any evidence that would hint at what transpired here. I didn't want to leave their body fluids lying around. Who knew? Someone might use them for their own nefarious purposes.

Romeo used to sleep around before falling in love. I still remember the scene of him burning his used condoms on his balcony. My room and balcony were right next to his, which gave me a direct view of the event. Some people would do anything to give birth to his heir, and I wonder if he did that to warn me.

"What are you doing, Princess?" Romeo asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Appreciating art," I said, surrounded by the debris that was part of the wall, made of lightweight material. Doing it with Mitchell against it wasn't a good idea, I realized. Now, it was ruined, cracked, and bent.

"... art?" He closed the doors and walked up to me, looking at the destroyed wall, "..."

"It's called 'Impressionism'," I explained with a poker face, crossing my arms, "The artist wanted to convey the feeling of an impact."

He looked at me, his lips trembling as if holding back a laugh, then played along with me with a serious expression. "This is a great piece. The way it conveys the moment before everything fell apart, very nice."

"Thank you, I tried."

He couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed, asking, "What made you feel like doing it?"

"Mitchell's dick."

He clutched his stomach, doubling over, wheezing and laughing, "You don't expect me to pay you for it, do you?"

I waved him off, "Nah, don't worry about it. This one's on me."

What an odd guy. Instead of cursing at me for destroying his property and refusing to pay for the damages, he laughed even harder. After a while, he was done.

"Whew! I needed that. Thank you, Princess." He straightened himself, his face looking slightly better, "The meeting was pretty rough. I was this close," he pinched his fingers together, "to ripping everyone's head off. It was quite stressful."

I nodded.

"You used to keep that bored and annoyed expression on all the time, making it hard for me to notice your charms," he said, his voice sounding a little regretful as we stood before my art piece like one would inside an art gallery, "I pushed you around on a wheelchair, carried you up and down the stairs, washed and changed your clothes and fed you, just for you to swap my heart and run away the moment your legs could carry you again."

"It wasn't you, who acted as my nanny, but his familiar," I reminded him. We weren't in contact after I left, knowing how dangerous that would be. I only asked for materials I needed to create bombs, strong enough to destroy father's bases, through the university, and even then, it was risky.

"Yes. If only I were stronger, I would have asked a female servant to take care of you or at least hired a private nurse," he said, a sad smile forming on his lips. "I hated how it was trying to force us to get closer, which made me resent your existence. It took me a while to realize that you were also just a person, trapped and hurt by the same man."