Chapter 4 : Getting Closer.

(Choi Eun-ji's POV!)

Ring!

Finally! It was break time. I got up from my seat, pushing the chair into my desk and walking to the halls, looking around for Jeonghan.

Ugh, Dokyeom didn't even tell me where Jeonghan was gonna wait.. That dumbass.

I decided to walk to my locker to see if Hae-jun was there this time. Possibly not, but I hope she was.

I arrived at my locker, no Hae-jun in sight. Not even a single trace. I looked around at my surroundings and saw a tall guy standing right behind me without even saying a word.

I got startled and flinched a bit.

Oh! It was Jeonghan!

"Oh, you almost gave me a mini heart attack. But, hey. Also if you wanna find me in the morning, I always hang out in front of my locker. Soo.. Yep." I brought up, staring at him as he leaned on the locker beside mine.

"Just in front of your locker? That's boring. Why not go out to the field or something? You don't even go to the rooftop? I always hang out at the rooftop." Jeonghan says, looking away.

Then, I remember to ask for his number. How could I possibly forget?

"Oh, yea!" I jolt up from my position.

"Can I uh.. have your phone number? You know, just to talk some time?" I asked, fidgeting with my fingers and legs awkwardly.

Eun-ji, stop moving! You look like some wannabe seeking for attention!

I quickly stopped fidgeting around, then Jeonghan quickly took out his phone and he opened Messages, clicking on the plus button at the top.

He then lended his phone to me.

I grabbed it and felt my fingers touch his. What. The. Fuck. Eun-ji. YOU'RE BEING A WEIRDO!

My palms began to sweat for some reason. I'm not acting normal, what the hell?

This man is definitely planting some sort of curse on me..

I looked up at Jeonghan awkwardly and snatched the phone from him, breaking the weird eye contact between us.

I quickly typed in my phone number, making more and more typos because of the awkwardness between me and Jeonghan just now..

"Shouldn't take you that long to type in a phone number." Jeonghan said, waiting.

Then, I finally typed in my number correctly and handed the phone back to Jeonghan.

"Thank you." He thanked me, grinning.

He looks really pretty when he smiles. His eyes smile too, that's cute.

EUN-JI SNAP OUT OF IT!

I cleared my throat and grunted, maturing myself before talking to him more.

"Do you wanna hang out after school at the beach? Just to watch the sunset or something. I don't have basketball practice today, so i'm free tonight." Jeonghan asked as he shoved his device back into his pocket.

The beach? Ooh. I like the beach. How could I resist going to the beach?

"Yea. Sure. What time is the sunset though? We can't be late." I asked, smiling at him. He looked back at his phone, searching up the time for tonights sunset.

"It says.. 7:05 pm. So we should get there around 6:30, right?" Jeonghan responds, shutting off his phone and shoving it back into his pocket, again.

I nod.

Ring!

The bell ALWAYS ruins the fun. I just wanted to continue talking to Jeonghan, ugh.

"See you later at the beach, give me a text later by the way." Jeonghan says before walking off to his next class.

"Yep, see you later.." I say, my voice fading at the end of my sentence. He then walks away into the hallway of kids, sprinting to his next class.

Woo! At least I got his number! Way to go, Eun-ji! Way to go..

Wait.. it's kind of odd I haven't seen Hae-jun the whole day.. Whatever! I got to hang out with someone new today, and he was a bit cold, but we have a scheduled hangout tonight!

Eun-ji, you have to dress nice. Wear something comfy, pretty, and casual.

I'm planning too far ahead. It's only 10:04 am.

yes, the title of this chapter was a seventeen getting closer reference 😀

anyways im sorry for the short chapter, i was running out of ideas. the reason this chapter was so short is because i wanted to make a new chapter all about their beach hangout, so ermm yea im sorry 😭😭🙏🙏

will the beach hangout go good?