1. Alpha (Α,α)

Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and omega form a perfect whole, they are contrasts that attract each other, the beginning and the end of everything.

***

Being an omega sucked.

I hated it, I hated everything about it. And most of all, I hated those few days when all I could think about was sex.

And it wasn't just sex. Because the omega needed the alpha for his absolute happiness and satisfaction, right?

But I didn't want any fucking alpha.

Did I mention how much I hate being an omega?

Why me, I asked myself as I walked through the empty school corridor, quickly heading for my lockers to get out of there as quickly as possible.

And why was I in such a hurry?

Because it had just started, although I had hoped to have a few more weeks before it happened. But I certainly wasn't going to wait for it to really kick in.

Because then... Then it got pretty rough.

And I wished, when the hormone rush hit me at its full force, that I was locked in my room, away from people, away from everyone, and most importantly, away from any alpha.

Earlier, when I'd gone to the school nurse and filled in the absence note for the next few days, she hadn't even asked me the reason.

Apparently she just had to look at my face to understand.  

It was considered very rare to be born an omega. Pfff... thank you very much.

I unlocked my locker, got my stuff out and fled this place as fast as I could. Luckily, my parents were going on their long overdue holiday this week, so I would have the whole flat to myself. Not counting my older sister, but Ella would be out of my way.

I could feel it getting stronger and stronger. My hands were shaking, I was sweating and my clothes felt uncomfortable against my skin. My senses were also heightened, especially my sense of smell. I'd always been very sensitive to all kinds of scents in this condition.

I walked out of the school and started running. Down a familiar street, then a shortcut through the park, up to our brick house, up the stairs to the third floor. Fortunately, I didn't have to search for the key, because Ella was home studying for her exams.

When she opened the door, like the school nurse, she knew immediately what was going on.

I didn't even bother to say hello, walked past her without a word and disappeared into my room.

And locked myself in.

I really didn't need any witnesses to what was going to happen here in the next hours and days. And Ella had a spare key so she could get in if there was a crisis. It was a sort of silent agreement between us.

Familiar surroundings and smells, plus my constantly unmade bed... It all calmed me down.

I was in my room, in my hideout, where I spent my nights playing games, surfing the net and just generally chilling out. This was home, a place where I felt safe.

Somehow I would get through it here.

With a few swift moves, I stripped off all my clothes and stepped into the small bathroom that was attached to my room to take a shower.

Cold water started to drop onto my hot skin and I hoped it would settle my raging hormones a little. 

It didn't help much.