The Bitch

The ancient train carriage seemed to shake violently when it came close to it's final destination. The opportunity of a lifetime was afforded to me, and I leaped for it. Whether or not this bears fruit is beyond me, but nothing in life is guaranteed, and nothing in life is without risk.

A job in the nation's capital; The Corvus Wing, the premier newspaper. Walking out into the bustling station with only my Duralumin typewriter in its military surplus case and the nicest clothes I owned on my back felt invigorating. My hands were clammy, the back of my neck was sweating profusely and my stomach was in knots. I had no damn idea where I was. I was the very definition of a fish out of water. The Grand station was large with highly ornate iron beams holding up a mosaic dome that flooded the station with light. Colorful brick was used where iron and brass were not.

"Hey! You Dragos?!" A female voice called out.

I tried to find where it was coming from.

"Over 'ere mate!" I noticed a hand waving and before me sitting by the fountain was woman. Only she wasn't what I was used to seeing.

She had a canine face and was covered in grey fur with black spots. She hopped up and adjusted her tweed flat cap and darted up to me as her fluffy tail moved side to side.

"Yeah must be you. You responded to that unique name. You're Dragos right? Dragos Cel Tradat? I ain't just jumping a business man."

"No you are correct that is I."

"They said you were from the west. That's a mighty accent you have there mate."

I looked over her. She was wearing a tweed suit and a brown leather vest. Her fur and a bit of cleavage could be seen peaking out of the vest. I really wasn't used to seeing this type of attire.

"Should I turn around?" She remarked.

"Huh?"

"I know when eyes are scanning me do you want to see the back side?"

"No it's just you're the first bont I've seen in over a year and you're... pleasantly unique."

"Names Remedy, and cut the shit. I know damn well I'm a spotted mutt. But yeah you ain't here for my fluffy ass. I'm told to escort you directly to the wing so Gerald can get a look at you. There's a company carriage outside. Follow me do you got any luggage in check or...?"

"There is nothing to behold." I held out my hand towards the most apparent exit. "Let us carry on."

"Right-o. Follow the bitch." She clicked her tongue and lead me to a black taxi carriage with the newspaper's logo on it.

The moment I sat down I opened up the typewriter and began to look out the window at the busy streets. Ancient brick roads and mosaic sidewalks sprawled in front of me like an endless web, the opposite of Faol-Graf which had only three dirt roads and a layout so insipid that even the most inebriated drunkard could navigate it.

"Fuck you just brought a writey?" Remedy snorted.

"Only thing of value I had in that back water of a town."

"Oooh I know that tone. That's some salt right there? Let me see." She leaned forward and pulled out her toothpick and began to squint. "What is it? Town is beneath your mighty- nah you'd be carrying all of your worldly shit then. You didn't lose your job, you're not on the run nor were you ostracized."

She leaned back and stretched before suddenly snapping her hand and smirking.

"Bad break up! Yes that's it. Ha that dirty fucking glare confirms it."

"Trapped in a carriage with an insufferable bont I began to question my life choices," I pretended to type as I said out loud.

"Ha!" She laughed. " I like yeah, also it's obvious you weren't typing unless that's a Silent 7, but even those rattle like a bed in a quick fuck."

"You are one crass individual, especially for a lady."

She gave me a toothy smirk. "I know it and I own it. Welcome to Corvus, Honey."

Welcome to Corvus Indeed.

*P.S. bonts are a type of anthropomorphic dogs that come in different breeds and are commonly used as pets, servants and other things of that nature.

P.S.S if you guys dont mind leaving a comment when you read this i would be very thankful, just something im trying out and want to see if its worth continuing. It's for a friend and I want to show him how much he is a good writer.