prologue

"shyera, what happened?" i queried, my curiosity piqued as i observed the unusual swelling in her eyes.

"don't fret, i assure you, i'll be fine," she reassured me, her voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "as for you, why are you here? what brings you here?" she inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"nothing much, just wanted to make sure you're alright," i replied, my genuine concern shining through.

"i'm fine."

"but honestly, shyera, i'm genuinely curious to know what happened. something seems to be weighing heavily on your heart. can you trust me enough to share?" damn... i'm truly intrigued to uncover the truth of what transpired. the curiosity is eating me. please, shyera, grant me the privilege of knowing...

"teka, shyera ka ng shyera, suera name ko. birahin kita e" -pabiro nyang sabi. i can sense that shyera is playfully diverting the topic, but my genuine curiosity persists, yearning to uncover the untold story behind their heated dispute. please God, enlighten me with the truth of what truly unfolded between her and her father.

"fine, suera. but seriously, what happened?"

"i'm fine Liam, stop being so paranoid. i can take care of myself. it's nothing for you to worry about. i'm really okay."

"there's a bruise on your body, shyera... what happened there? who inflicted such harm upon you? si tito nanaman ba gumawa nyan??" i asked, my genuine concern mingled with a tinge of curiosity, eager to understand the circumstances behind the injury.

"kasi naman kasalanan ko-"

"no, shyera. it's not your fault. You're not the one to blame. and look, you even have a bruise! tito do that right, huh? He always mistreats you, shyera. why don't you report him to the police?" i exclaimed, my genuine concern mixed with a hint of anger, unable to comprehend why she hadn't taken action against the abuse. it breaks my heart to witness the cruelty she endures at the hands of her own father, while i remain untouched by such pain. the sight of her tears fills me with an overwhelming sadness. she is a precious soul, deserving of nothing but love and kindness.

kahit ako nalang yung saktan nila, hwg na sya.