─ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

ıllı﹒⟡ 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 ⤸

───────── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ─────────

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐓, the nice breeze blew inside the car, causing Megumi's hair to blow around a bit. This time of day always reminded me of home where we would have barbecues on the beach. Life seemed simpler back then.

The drive to the car shop was quiet but comfortable. We listened to some soft music as the sun dipped below the horizon. When we arrived at the shop, Megumi got out and walked around to my side to open the door for me. "After you," he said, giving me a gentlemanly hand as I climbed out of the car. He had also opened the door for the dogs letting them enter the shop as well.

We walked inside together, the cool air from inside the shop hitting us as we did. The shop was dimly lit, Inside the shop, it was dimly lit with various tools and parts scattered about. There were also a few cars up on lifts in different stages of repair or customization. Megumi led me over to one particular car that caught my eye; it looked like something out of Fast & Furious but looked like it had been in an accident recently.

As we approached the car, Megumi pointed to it. "That's the one I needed to check on. It was in an accident a few days ago, but I'm hoping I can fix it up." He ran his hand over the hood, his expression a mix of determination and concern.

I stepped closer, curious about the car and the person it belonged to. "Who does this car belong to?" I asked. He looked looked up at me. "It's Gojo's" I looked at Megumi, "A good street racer like Gojo can crash?" Megumi chuckled. "Yeah, even the best drivers make mistakes. Gojo had a small lapse in judgment that resulted in the wreck"

"When did he get into the accident and how badly was he hurt?" I asked, trying to contain my surprise at the idea of someone like Gojo being involved in an accident.

"It was the day we went to Kenji's party," Megumi replied. "I found out about it the day after it happened, well everyone did the day after. He was pretty lucky and didn't get hurt at all, just minor scratches"

Megumi added, "Despite the damage on the left side of the car." He paused and then let out a short laugh. "He told me he wouldn't be able to ride it for a few days, luckily I can fix it up"

"He was pouting about not being able to race for a few days because of the damage to his favorite car," Megumi chuckled. "But he has plenty of other cars he can race in, it's just that the C8 Corvette is his favorite."

"That car is special to him because it was the first one I modified for him after he took me under his wing," Megumi explained. "He has a deep attachment to it since it was the first car he got on his own and it was the first car I put my mark on."