Routine.

Every morning he gets up, to be put right back down. They say, sticks and stones, they break your bones, but words break more than that. Bones heal over time, but that wall that collapsed, will never be the same again. You laugh, you say its in jest, but it just aint a game because the pain he feels inside is real. Man up. They tell me to man up. Live up to the falsified, over-glorified, macho man image. I'm not macho, I am a man, in my own right. And just because I dont curse, disrespect, or fight, I dont fit in? I don't deserve the same rights? the very same respect you try to extort out of me? With threats to my self confidence and jabs at my self esteem, you think I'll just laugh it over to blow off steam, like what you said had no meaning, they say "it wasnt mean, see" but guess what? it was mean, it did hurt, maybe it wasnt your "goal" to make me feel like less then dirt. So is this what it is? The american dream, to wake up everymorning to the sounds of your own screams. Is this what society thinks is okay? Until another one dies and then its all "hey! they were such a nice kid, why did they have to go?" society says it so smug like they really dont know. You hand someone a knife, while holding a gun to their head, tell then keep cutting until all there is, is red, and when their dead its a surprise, and suddenly not your fault? "It was all in good fun, it wasnt supposed to get that far".
He wakes up everyday, just to be put right back down... It's the same thing on repeat, and he feels like in his own sadness he could drown..