At The Edge

As I run my fingers through my hair and think of the times that I've been scared, and wonder about the times that I've been here. As I stand here pondering, wondering, fearing. My heart beats fast, the pain is seering. peering down unto the darkness that lies just inches from my feet. Be strong they say, like its such an easy feat, Man up they say, like the pain goes away. As I stand here looking down, I remember being the class clown, acting out, acting up, never showing I was down. i hear a pounding, whats that sound? The echoes of my screams as i would bleed onto the ground, when I was all alone and no one was around. When all my "friends" said they were here, but suddenly they skipped town, like a deadbeat dad, running away from the problem, never helping, never solving. Never standing by my side, but talking in my ears, "don't worry, never fear we'll always be here," BUT WHERE? Where are you now. Shit got tough and now the silence is loud, deafening, i'm doubtful, devious, devilish thoughts fill my damn brain, this fire is burning, i feel like i'm no longer sane, no longer the same, NO DONT SPEAK MY NAME! Who am I? I no longer know. Where Am I? Where will I go? As I stand here, looking down into the darkness, I take a step... Is this the end.. I don't know.