Chapter 3: Explainations

Seungcheol's POV

All three of us were sitting at the dining table, breakfast in front of. Soonyoung broke the silence.

"So Cheol, is this guy your... boyfriend or...?" He asks, eyeballing Jeonghan as though he's fascinated. I stay silent. I don't know how to respond. Ok wait, I should just be honest. I glance at Jeonghan, who's giving me a reassuring smile. I feel relaxed.

"Alright Soonie, so, he's just someone that I just-so-happened to meet. He's just a friend." I say with an awkward laugh, I can feel myself sweating. "I'm not that stupid Cheol, why on earth were you on top of him like that? You can just be honest~" Soonyoung suddenly smirks at me. This guy...

Jeonghan clears his throat after observing us. Both our eyes land on him. I love his outfit... Ok, ok, back to concentrating...! "Oh yeah, I should probably learn more about you if you're his friend!" Soonyoung says, smiling genuinely. He seems to be intrigued by Jeonghan. At least not in the same way as me, which is good... I think?

"Right." He spoke, "I'm Yoon Jeonghan, pleased to meet you. You must be Seungcheol's roommate, correct?" He sounds so pristine. "Yeah, that's right! Kwon Soonyoung, nice to meet you too!" Soonyoung says with enthusiasm. Jeonghan smiles at his excitement.

"You know, if you really are seeing Seungcheol, I'd say that's a good thing! He's a really great guy and on top of that, he's beefy, hot, and sensitive~" Hoshi snickers as I kick him under the table out of sheer embarrassment. Why is he trying to be my wingman all of a sudden? Jeonghan just smiles in awe.

"Mingyu took you home and said that you drank way too much. On top of that, he said that you almost bagged a date. I'm assuming it's him— Jeonghan, hehe!" Soonyoung says.

Wait what? Is that what really happened? But I wasn't even drunk. Of course Gyu didn't see that girl... "Didn't I have any... injuries...?" I ask Soonyoung. He tilts his head in confusion, "Injuries? You seemed fine... you were just drunk. Unless the injury you're talking about is a broken heart!" He bursts into laughter. I can only glare at him. But I'm confused. I then find Jeonghan looking at me. He looks as though he had the answers to my every question.

After eating breakfast, Soonyoung spoke, "So Cheol, since it's your day off I was thinking that all four of us could hangout together!" Oh... I forgot it was my day off. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea. We can meet up later in the afternoon." And with that, I take my leave with Yoon Jeonghan. Just who exactly is he? I'm just so curious.

~

We sit outside on a bench that isn't too far from my house but is close enough to the park. "So about what Soonyoung said..." Jeonghan was quick to answer my question before I could finish.

"I manipulated your friends' memories. You didn't actually come back home with Mingyu. I brought you home through your window. Your friends didn't actually know of your whereabouts as they gathered at your home, panicked. As I felt bad, I decided to give them the best case scenario. The most understandable one. So I made it seem as though nothing bad actually happened to you and you were just drunk. Mingyu took you home and asked Soonyoung to help. And then he messaged Vernon about the whole ordeal. So they don't know the truth. I didn't want them to panic any further."

"That's actually... really sweet of you, Jeonghan." His head raises at my comment; eyes sparkling. "I think you took the best course of action. It would've been a bit complicated to explain everything to them in one go like that." I give him a warm smile. "You truly are kind, Seungcheol." He reciprocates my smile. How cute.

Something crosses my mind. "Ah, so Jeonghan, about the flyer. Was everything written on it true?" He smirks at my question. "Yes; everything about it. I'm your demon and I will protect you." Why is my heart pounding...? I can feel him staring directly into my soul with those beautiful eyes of his.