Chapter 2

( Shanghai Convention and Exhibition Hall - Red Carpet )

Deafening roars of the masses and flashes of cameras can be heard from the venue as lots and lots of fan together with their LED screens and light sticks have gathered to witness their favorite actors and actresses walk the Red Carpet of the 2021 Magnolia Awards.

"We are currently live here at the Shanghai Convention and Exhibition Hall for the 2021 Magnolia Awards of the Shanghai Television Festival. It still an hour away before the ceremony officially starts, but right now you can feel the excitement and anticipation in the air as fans of our nominees swarmed here outside to show their love and support to their idols. I am Yin Kai and I'll be your host in the red carpet." The emcee Yin Kai announced in cue of the deafening cheers from the crowd.

"One Take Jing! One Take Jing! One Take Jing!" Qiao Jingjing's fans chanted in unison while waving in the air their lightsticks and LED screen with her name.

"Star Jing! Star Jing! Star Jing!" Qiao Jingjing's fans chanted again not minding if they will have no more voice for later.

One Take Jing alongside Star Jing are two of the nicknames that the fans and fellow actors, actress, directors, and film critics have coined her as, it was due to the reason that once the camera began rolling Qiao Jingjing becomes a different person that you will be completely engulfed and mesmerized by her acting. Her acting skills are a legend in the industry and because of that every film and drama she starred or has been part of were all massive hits hence the name Star Jing.

"You can definitely hear the love and support of the fans especially to our Qiao Jingjing who's nominated for the 3rd time as best actress. Earlier her agency has posted videos of her and Chen Xue preparing to leave the hotel they have been staying at and hopefully we will be able to interview them later." Yin Kai voiced out which fueled the fans to cheer harder and louder for their idols.

"We already have our first arrival for tonight and it's Chen Xue looking elegant in her high slit Atelier black dress!" Yin Kai commented as Chen Xue walked the red carpet while waving to the cheering fans.

"Chen Xue congratulations for your second best actress nomination for the Magnolia Awards and to your drama Reverse Engineering for being nominated into almost every category in the Magnolia Awards." Yin Kai complimented before giving Chen Xue the other microphone in his hand.

"Thank you, Yin Kai! It's my honor to be nominated again this year and to our fans, and fans of our drama Reverse Engineer. Your love and support means the most to us." Chen Xue genuinely answer with smile on her face.

"Your drama was highly praised for it's depiction and truths in regards to engineering and scientific facts, there where some mentions that your agency Fireworks and Stars has a hand in this, what can you say about it?" Yin Kai questioned.

"We have our amazing writers and Director Shao to thank for taking this risk to give life to Reverse Engineering and also I am fortunate to be part of Fireworks and Stars who knows some great engineers that where happy to offer their knowledge and insights on the scientific facts that was shown in our drama." Chen Xue answered with enthusiasm

"After your win last year did you feel any pressure for a back to back win that's why you arrive earlier than anyone? Your also going against your dear sister Qiao Jingjing who's also nominated for her drama Culinary Queen from 3rd Rate Hotel" Yin Kai slightly teased to which Chen Xue chuckled.

"There is pressure as I won the award last year, but it's not the reason I arrive earlier. Our agency values time and we just have some very reliable BDS that shows us which is the best possible route to avoid traffic. Also Jingjing and I had a bet going on back at the hotel so whomever wins tonight our dinner will be on her." Chen Xue answered while chuckling at the last part.