The Not so stranger

"you got something on your shirt." I search around me for the voice that is talking. When I find it, I see it's a guy my age with blond shaggy hair Sitting on the hood of a car on the opposite side of the street. "Oh? Yeah, someone spilled their drink on me," I reply flatly. I look down and pull my flannel over my shirt so he can no longer see the maroon stain. So much for the peace. He smiles and looks down. He  then asks, "Can I bum a smoke?" When I hear his question, I start to laugh. "What are you laughing at?" He laughs along with me. The way he said "Can I bum a smoke" instantly reminded me of Jack Dawson from Titanic. I shake my head, "Nothing, just the way you asked for a cigarette reminded me of a movie." He hops off the hood of the car and starts walking toward me. As he's drifting to me, I see that he's wearing a black crewneck and brown pants. He's very attractive. At this moment, I am considering going back and yelling at the bitch that spilled her drink on me. Irritatingly, the only thing I can do right now is just hold my flannel tighter around my newly ruined shirt. He takes a seat next to me so I hand him a cigarette and my lighter. "Thanks," he says politely. It's funny how all of my manners can throw themselves out the window in a singular second. Out of reaction, I only nod. "You know, it's bad luck to carry a white lighter." The man questions. I have heard of the superstition of the "27 Club," but I don't believe in Hollywood delusions. "I sure do, I've got 9 more years to go," I reply sarcastically with a smile on my face, holding my cigarette in front of m face. He smirks, "What's your name?" He takes a hit of the cigarette. He has very pretty hazel eyes, almost like a really old forest painting. Now I'm really surveying the thought of fighting that bitch. I'm still very nervous, but I can't let him see that. All he asked was my name; So, I say my name. "I'm Violet Walker, What about you?" I throw my cigarette a little way in front of me and rub the filter into the ground with the bottom of my converse. I need to focus if I'm going to talk to him.  I know I'm going to embarrass myself and say something dumb if I don't. "My name's August James, but people call me AJ ." The not-so stranger replies.