Lacy oh lacy

"I guess I never liked the stars because they abused the sun's proclivity for love." He nods his head and takes the lighter from his mouth. "Fair enough." He says, holding the lighter between his middle and index finger. "It is pretty cruel that the sun has to see the stars every morning." I'm glad he's seeing my side. "I told you! It's a tragic story. Plus, what makes it more brutal in my head is that I can't figure out if I should blame the sun or the stars." I state my dilemma, but he scoffs as if the solution to my mental war is obvious. "Seriously? The answer is so clear! It was the moon's fault! The sun was just rising and the moon decided to take it personally." August explains as if the answer was written in front of me. "I don't think it's that simple, both parties are at fault, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the moon did anything indecent. And I've been thinking about this for 18 years of my life and I still can't decide." It frustrates me how he can just come up with an answer like it's nothing when all I do is think about this story and everything that it entails. "You're right, but I talk to the sun a lot and I don't think the sun would mishandle something as precious as love." When I sit up in irritation and shock, I feel my sloppy and intoxicated sister's body topple onto my lap. This has to be a joke. "Hi, Vi." She barely utters while looking up at the new individual next to me. "Who's your man friend?" She decides to add on. I turn my head to see August sitting up and laughing at my situation. "Lacy, how much did you drink?" I don't think I want to know the answer. She ignores my initial question and asks, "Is he an angel?" And follows it up by reaching her thin arm out to him and touching the tip of his nose. "Boop" she decides to make a sound effect when her finger makes contact. This makes August laugh more than I thought was humanly possible. "Lacy, we need to go home. Where are the keys?" I started to pat her front and back pockets to see if I could locate them myself, but...Nothing. "Stop fucking touching me!" Lacy screams. I can't do this right now. "Violet, I can take you guys home if you want, I haven't drunk anything, I only smoked." I hear August offer after calming down from his eternal laughter. Morally, I know it is wrong to get into a car with a stranger, but seeing my sister on her stomach over my legs playing with grass, I also know I'm running out of options and ideas. I have zero idea where her keys are and I couldn't imagine a reasonable hour where she would be sober enough to tell us where they are. "Um, are you sure?" I'm not sure how to feel about it... but he insists. "Totally! I don't want you guys walking home or getting a ride from some other drunk fuck at this party." Honestly, I feel the same way. I would just hate to inconvenience him. But, he seems adamant about his statement. "Thank you, that would help a lot. I appreciate it." I pull my legs from under Lacy and stand up to my feet. Once I'm vertical, I grab my sister. She is still on the ground lying on her stomach. I pull from under her armpits to haul her up while August stands up to help me. "Here." He grabs Lacy from me and flops her over his shoulder. That works. I'm so mortified I cant even say anything. When he starts to trudge to his car across the street, I stay quiet and follow.