Tangerines (Portuguese 1/2 - Monkey D. Luffy)

line: "Você é a metade da minha laranja." ("You are the other half of my orange.")

You tiptoe right behind Luffy, sneaking to the back of the Sunny. Somehow, he had dragged you into trying to steal some of Nami's tangerines. Truthfully, you don't want to be smacked back to the East Blue, but you feel responsible for ensuring Luffy doesn't get caught.

"Wait up, Luffy!" you whisper-shout. The trees are now right before you, and without any pretense of trying not to get caught, Luffy springs up, reaching for the first one in sight.

"Luffy!"

Finally, he freezes. "What is it, Y/N? We have to get them fast so we don't get caught!"

"I know, but look." You pull out what you hope is a convincing replica of a tangerine. "I actually asked Nami for one earlier. You can have this, and I'll see if I can... get some more." Your words become quieter as you realize imminent death, but Luffy doesn't seem to care. "Great! I knew it was a good idea to bring you along."

You scurry over to the trees, plucking off a few. Behind you, Luffy tries to peel the fake. Any second now... you think. You hear a crack as Luffy undoubtedly tries to bite into the tangerine once he realizes it won't peel. "Oi, Y/N! This isn't a tangerine!" You turn around to see a very dejected Luffy holding the now cracked wooden replica. You fight the urge to laugh as you hold out real tangerines. "Really? Sorry, Luffy, I didn't know. But look, I got real ones now." Luffy gives you a skeptical look. You peel one to prove it, holding it out. "See?"

You split the four you'd plucked evenly and escape to the observatory. You breathe a sigh of relief as you sit down. Crisis averted... I hope.

"Oi, Y/N! Take this." He's holding out half of his last tangerine. Never thought I'd see the day Luffy gave someone else his food, you think, shocked as you take it. He gives you a goofy grin. "Now you've got the other half of my orange, like you always are."

Bonus:

Nami storms onto the deck, so angry that steam may as well be pouring from her ears. "Who ate the tangerines?" she growls.

You and Luffy cross your arms innocently, looking anywhere but at Nami.

Needless to say, you indeed would be sent flying back to the East Blue.