Citrus Smoothie (Portuguese 2/2 - Portgas D. Ace)

A/N: decided to do Portuguese twice because wattpad has shown me how popular Ace is lol

line: "Você é a metade da minha laranja." ("You are the other half of my orange.")
key: f/d = favorite drink

You sit at a high table, sipping your f/d as you scroll through your presentation on your laptop. You had purposely scheduled a decent gap in your day to eat lunch comfortably, and you like to spend that period of time at the cafe around the corner from the university. The bell to the shop rings softly, and you glance up. A guy with raven-black hair strolls in, everything about him declaring he has all the time in the world. Your brows shoot up as you recognize him as someone who's in a few of your classes – he'd introduced himself to you briefly before as Ace. He spots you, and a crooked grin appears on his face. Looks like he recognizes me, too.

" Hey," he says, sitting in the chair across you. "Y/N, right? Didn't know you came here."

You raise your brows. "I come here every day."

He chuckles, a hand going to rub the back of his neck. "Sorry, just trying to make conversation. In reality, I've actually never been here before. What do you suggest?"

You glance at the menu projected on screens above the counter. "Honestly, everything here is pretty good. I've done some exploring, and I have to admit that I've tried almost everything they sell." You share a laugh at that.

"If that's the case, then I think I'll get..." he looks at the menu for a moment. "That banana citrus smoothie." You nod, looking back at the presentation.

"Ask me why," Ace whispers conspiratorially. You look up again, perhaps intrigued.

"Why?"

"Because if I were an orange, you'd be my perfect half," he says, winking.

The phrase takes you by surprise, and you laugh, rolling your eyes. "Alright, then."