☆ ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ (ᴘᴛ2): Rebrand, Remind

(THIRD PERSON / NO ONE'S POV)

The people congregated inside the gym were quite youthful, though the vigor expected from those of their age was enshrouded with trepidation and uncertainty

Of everyone in the area, one of the men had a particularly well-knit build, with broad shoulders and massive arms so it wasn't shocking to see that same boy stupendously push an inordinate boulder in front of the gym's entryway with seemingly little effort. He then stepped aside, rejoining the others.

"Ohhh.. More people have arrived." A feminine voice announced. The voice had came from a girl with flaxen hair tied into a pair of low pigtails which gave of a gentle luster. Though, just like the others present, she also adorned a high schooler's uniform.

Kaede and Shuichi, still rested on the floor, stupefied with their eyes obscured with beads of tears. They were then approached by a student from the group with spiky, purple hair who gently placed his hand on Kaede's back then on Shuichi's, "Did you both get chased by that monster too? Are you okay?" He then quickly retracted his hands as the two got up slowly, their legs and hands still tremoring despite their situation having been temporarily alleviated.

"Huh? O-Oh, yeah..." Kaede uttered weakly. She propped her palm against her chest, she felt her heartbeat soothe a bit because of the slight sense of safety she now has. While it wasn't a lot and wasn't guaranteed to last for long, it certainly helped her ease her nerves.

The group of students clamoured, contemplating their options and next course of action. "W-Wait!" Kaede shouted at the top of her lungs. "Who are you guys...? And why am I here-"

"That makes 16." Someone declared.

"What...?"

"I'm talking about us. There are 16 of us-all high schoolers." He responded. "What do you think that means?"

"Oh, right. Didn't answer your question. I can give you my name. It's Rantaro Amami. Let's leave it at that for now." Rantaro's voice was quite deep and his tone insouciant. His almost indifferent sangfroid clearly seeped through his body language as he stood in what Kaede assumed to be self-assurance.
How could someone be so nonchalant in this situation? Kaede thought to herself. "Huh? Um... Okay. Anyway, why does it matter if there are 16 of us? There might be more coming." She inquired.

"Nah, I think this is all of us. If this is what I think it is, anyway." Rantaro remarked.

"What, you some kinda fuckin' know-it-all? If you know somethin', spit it out!" One of the girls rebuked, forcefully shoving him.