⦗ 𝟎𝟏 ⦘ ballad of shadows and blood

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - ballad of shadows
and blood

        𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐖𝐍 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘, her cloak flowing behind her like a dark cloud

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐖𝐍 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘, her cloak flowing behind her like a dark cloud. The cobblestones beneath her boots seemed to whisper secrets of long-forgotten betrayals as she made her way toward the heart of the Court of Nightmares. Lanterns flickered feebly in the darkness, casting eerie shadows that danced across the ancient stone walls.

The scent of damp earth and decay hung heavily in the air, serving as a reminder of the city's dark history and the blood that had been spilled to cement its power. Despite the darkness that surrounded her, Alicent's hazel eyes sparkled like fragments of obsidian, masking the inner turmoil she kept hidden.

As she passed by twisted statues of forgotten gods and crumbling archways adorned with ivy, Alicent's mind drifted to her next move. She had enemies lurking in every corner, their whispers of treachery barely concealed behind false smiles and so thick it felt like a physical shroud wrapping around her as if the shadows themselves recognized her as their kin. Torches flickered, casting shadows on the stone walls that seemed to whisper secrets only she could understand. The air was heavy with the scent of incense and power, a heady mixture that made lesser beings falter in their steps. Shadows clung to the corners of the hall, their inky tendrils reaching out like ghostly fingers toward Alicent as if seeking to ensnare her in their stiff embrace. In a mesmerizing interplay of brightness and shadow, the torches sputtered inconsistently, intermittently illuminating her visage, highlighting the defined lines of her appearance and the resolute gleam in her eyes.

Alicent's golden hair glinted like molten metal in the dim light, her hazel eyes gleaming with an inner fire that reflected the depths of her soul. She moved with grace, each step calculated.

The grand hall stretched before her, columns of onyx rising like silent sentinels to the vaulted ceiling, their surfaces polished to a mirror-like sheen. The tapestries that lined the walls depicted scenes of conquest and betrayal, each thread woven with dark intentions that seemed to pulse with a life of their own as she approached. She scanned the corridor for any sign of the elusive presence. Alicent's face remained impassive, a mask of controlled indifference that belied the confusion within her.

With a silent exhale, she pushed open the heavy door to the dungeons, its rusty hinges groaning in protest as if warning her of impending danger. The scent of decay and damp earth assaulted her senses, mingling with the metallic tang of blood that lingered like a haunting memory in the air.

As she descended into the bowels of the dungeon, her senses sharpened, every nerve tingling with anticipation. The darkness seemed to cling to her like a tangible presence, wrapping around her like a lover's embrace gone cold. With a feline elegance, she navigated the treacherous path of wet and uneven flagstones.