Denial

I woke up to a white ceiling and IV lines connected to my arm. My head hurts like hell but somehow I feel light. I look to my right and saw an unfamiliar window. Which hospital did they put me this time? I look at my left and Gian is sitting a meter away from me reading or scrolling something in his laptop. 

"Fucking headache." I said to catch his attention but he didn't even look at me. 

"So you're still alive." he said nonchalantly.

"Guess Satan doesn't want me to take his throne." I answered as I was about to remove the lines.

"I won't do it if I were you." he warned me. 

"Because?" I waited for his answer. He turned his laptop and a video is playing. I can see Mon, Kit, Gian and a girl in the video. I look around the room and saw a camera at the top right. Fucking bastards. 

 "Ahh my head is fucking killing me!" I shouted and the girl stand and walked towards me while Kit and Mon were following her. I was half asleep and sleep talking like a fucking loser. I hate how I look in the video, I look weak and pathetic. 

"Don't move an inch and listen." I heard a very familiar voice. A voice I kept hearing in my head every time I do stupid shits. Tears kept welling in my eyes. I stopped the video and rewind it. That three-second clip feels like salvation. 

"Can't you just watch the whole thing first?" Gian said and get the laptop from me. He played the video in front of me again. 

"Get well and meet me at the office next Monday. If you touch alcohol or drugs again, I'll be the one to kill you."  she said seriously. How I miss that face. Question after questions keep popping on my head. 

"What day is it?" I asked while holding my head. 

"Wednesday." Gian said and went back to looking at his laptop.

"So if I drink right now, I'll be able to see her before Monday. If she kills me, I'll die happy." I smiled while thinking how smart I am. 

"Are you kidding right now?" he asked while massaging his forehead.

"Nope. Call the doctor and discharge me. I need a drink." I told him while looking for my phone. 

He walked towards me and throw a punch across my face. Not a punch but two. He is still holding my collar but I will not hold this against him. I need a drink and I need to see Erin.

The door suddenly opened then Kit and Mon entered. They saw Gian assaulting a patient. 

"Holy shit!" Kit shouted and runs towards us. They hold Gian and sat him in the couch. 

"What happened?" Mon asked looking at me and Gian. 

"Tell them what you just told me!" Gian said angrily. Now this bastard has the guts to shout at me. Kit and Mon looked back at me.

"I told him to call the doctor and discharge me after I watch the video with Erin." I explained. 

"Congrats bro! You're sober. What's wrong with that then?" Kit asked. I know there's nothing wrong with it.

"Why do you want to be discharged? You still need the meds." Mon asked. 

"Erin said she'll see me on Monday but If I drink, she'll kill me so I need a drink so I can see her right now." I smiled at them while explaining. Their faces turned into a frown. 

"Are you out of your mind?!" Kit charged at me and was about to kick me but Mon push him to the side.

"You're mental Jace. Are you hearing yourself right now?" Kit asked with disbelief.