18. Part I.

Jay stared at her

Jay stared at her.

Hundreds of others in the room but he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

He watched attentively as she swayed side to side, humming along to the Jazz tune playing overhead as she swirled the noodles on her fork and took a bite.

Their eyes met. Her brown eyes, with specks of golden hue captivated him, causing the knots in his stomach to tighten and a soft smile appear across his face.

"What?" She questioned with a light chuckle, "Why you looking at me like that?"

"It's nothing." He mumbled, but it was something. He couldn't get over how amazing she looked. He was sure the wandering eyes from others surrounding them felt the same. Damn, my wife is beautiful, he thought.

Beyoncé used the napkin to pat away the sauce from around her lips. "Baby, you keep staring at me and you barely touched your food. Is everything okay?"

Jay stared down at the tomahawk steak that he had only bitten into once. He wasn't starving, but she was. He was enjoying the glass of wine and simply watching her.

"Everything's good B. I'm just happy to see you in good spirits. I missed you."

Hearing that caused for her eyes to drift down at her hands in an effort to avoid his strong gaze.

The past month had been the worst for her, mentally and emotionally. It began with the procedure to remove the fetus from her body and having her tubes tied in the process.

There were highs and lows, but overall, she was depressed. She constantly questioned her decision to not have more children, which caused her to isolate from everyone — Jay especially.

Her hormones were all over the place. She didn't feel like a great mother nor a great wife. Her mind was fighting against her and it was winning.

She yearned to be loved on, but she didn't want to be touched. She wanted someone to vent to, but she didn't want to talk. She wanted to take her mind off it all, but found herself sulked in bed slowly losing herself.

Jay took notice. He had done everything a good husband would do. He stood by her side, taking in all of her emotions but never letting her frustrations get to him.

She didn't want him touching her. She didn't vent to him. She sometimes slept in bed with their children just to not sleep next to him.

He questioned what he did wrong, but he didn't want to make it about him. There was something much deeper transpiring in her head and only she could change that.

It was their date night; one she had been rejecting for a month. It surprised him that she actually agreed to join him. It was the reason he couldn't stop staring. He felt as if this was the beginning of getting his baby back to herself.