Chapter 9

The evening unfolded like a carefully orchestrated symphony; each element meticulously crafted by Michelle to perfection.

As their team gathered in the open-air dining area, bathed in the soft glow of twilight and serenaded by the rhythmic melody of crashing waves, it felt like they had been transported to a realm where time stood still.

Anntonia marveled at the scene before her. The tables were adorned with elegant linens and flickering candlelight, casting a romantic ambiance over the gathering. Their friends, dressed in their finest beach attire, glowed with excitement.

Anntonia's gaze swept across the outdoor area, drawn inevitably to where the Filipina stood, framed by the soft glow of the poolside lights, overlooking the expense of the beach beyond. With tentative steps, Anntonia approached her friend, the evening breeze carrying the faint scent of saltwater.

"You didn't have to do all of this, you know," Anntonia said gently as she reached Michelle's side.

Michelle turned to face her, a faint smile playing at the corner of her lips. "I know," she replied, her gaze drifting out to the endless expanse of the sea. "But I wanted to."

Anntonia studied Michelle's side profile, her smile radiant, yet there was a subtle tension in her expression that didn't go unnoticed by Anntonia. Michelle seemed distant, almost unreachable, leaving Anntonia with a nagging feeling that something was amiss. Despite the façade of strength Michelle wore so effortlessly, Anntonia knew better than to dismiss it. It was a gut feeling, deep in the pit of her stomach.

As twilight settled in, the air was punctuated with laughter and lively conversation. Plates laden with sumptuous delicacies were passed around, each dish more delectable than the last. They feasted like royalty, savoring every bite as though it were their last.

Despite the lively atmosphere surrounding them, Anntonia couldn't shake the feeling that gnawed at her core. She stole glances at Michelle, her heart heavy with unspoken questions and unexplored emotions. It was as if a veil had been lifted, revealing a vulnerability that had her on the edge of a cliff.

The clinking of champagne glasses signaled the start of a toast, and Las rose to his feet, his eyes twinkling with warmth and gratitude.

"Tonight, we gather not only to say goodbye to Michelle and her team but also to express our deepest appreciation for Michelle," he began, his voice tinged with emotion. "Her unwavering hospitality and care have made our stay here truly unforgettable. When you come to Thailand, know that our doors will always be open to you. We will return the favor tenfold." His eyes found Michelle's directly, his smile beaming with warmth as he raised his wine glass towards her in appreciation. In response, Michelle gracefully lifted her glass with a soft smile and an elegant nod.

The heartfelt words were met with a chorus of cheers and applause, yet Anntonia's gaze remained fixed on Michelle. She felt the same pull towards the Filipina's calm presence. A subtle flutter of emotion stirred within her, gentle yet undeniable. It was an understated admiration, touched by a sense of connection that resonated quietly between them as friends. The Filipina had been nothing but a dream, going above and beyond to ensure Anntonia and her team's comfort. She didn't know what she had done to deserve someone as wonderful as Michelle.

As the night wore on and inhibitions were shed like layers of clothing, the atmosphere grew increasingly lively. The speakers blared through the villa, drawing everyone to their feet as they danced beneath the starlit sky.

Anntonia found herself drawn to the periphery, content to observe the chaos unfold from a distance. But try as she might, the magnetic pull of Michelle's presence was too irresistible.