Chapter 10 - Like Romeo and Juliet

I slowly opened my eyes, which were still clogged with the sand from sleep. A savory scent crept around my nose and I thought I smelled fresh oranges. I sleepily rubbed the sand out of my eyes and stretched extensively.
It was Saturday and like every Saturday for almost two months now, I woke up in Yeonjun's big cozy waterbed. It just happened that way. We hardly ever saw each other from Monday to Friday so I was excited to spend every weekend with Yeonjun.
Something has definitely changed between me and him since Taehyun's party. Unfortunately neither of us have been able to fully put it into words. Neither of us had discussed our relationship status yet. Well we didn't push ourselves to do so. But the feeling inside me grows to know how he really feels.
The best thing that could be said right now was...that it just felt right to spend the weekends together and the occasional dinner in the work week, if the calendar allows it. Since the last weeks I've increasingly had the feeling that Yeonjun wanted more than just sex or a few nice dinners. The extensive cuddling, the caring when I was on my period, us joking around and the compliments that weren't in the least sexual nature.
I felt increasingly comfortable and relaxed with him and he seemed to feel more relaxed with me too. Our inhibitions were shrinking every day. Even though neither of us admitted it, it already felt like we were in a real relationship. The super good sex was just a nice extra.
I stared at the ceiling in the dimly lit bedroom, lost in thoughts.
It sounded and smelled like Yeonjun was making breakfast. So maybe I should get up and help him a little.
I slowly sat up and swung my legs out of bed. I stretched my whole body again before I got up, opened the curtains and then went to the door. The first thing I saw was Yeonjun with his back turned to me. He seemed to be setting the table. So I shuffled over to him, still half asleep. Before I could snuggle up to him from behind, he turned around and visibly jumped when I suddenly stood in front of him.
I smiled sleepily up at him: ''Good morning, chef cook.''
Yeonjun snorted briefly in amusement before giving me a kiss on the forehead, over which my bangs were certainly more than tangled.
''Good morning, sleeping Beauty.'', He mumbled before putting a hand on my shoulder, ''Sit down, I'll be ready soon.''
''Really? I thought I could help you.'' I asked as Yeonjun walked past me. Heading towards the kitchen again, he called to me: ''No, I just have to get two cups. You know that I have to leave later.''
Oh yeah...I almost forgot about that. Oh man, I hated that Yeonjun still worked on Saturdays sometimes.
He actually stayed at home on Saturdays, but he made an exception for his friends.
He wanted to meet with Hueningkai and discuss the remaining things for his manhwa with him. I was also allowed to read it and to be honest I would have liked to have published it...but unfortunately Hueningkai had chosen Yeonjun. I pulled out a chair and sat down.
''It's only for a maximum of two hours, little one. I'll be back sooner than you think." I heard Yeonjun say, coming back to the table.
''I told you it is okay." I tried to convince Yeonjun as he sat down next to me.
''I would like to take you with me...but you know...'' he tried to explain as he put the two cups down.
''Junny, we just had this conversation yesterday and I was hoping you'd understand that it is okay.'' I said as I took my teapot and poured myself a drink. He had been wearing the nickname for about three weeks now when it accidentally slipped out of me and Yeonjun thought it was cute. So I had it saved on my phone too.
''I know.''
''I'm starting to get the feeling you don't think it's okay.'' I joked, pulling Yeonjun's cup towards me so I could pour in some tea for him, while he grabbed himself some kimchi.
''I'm afraid you're right.'' he mumbled, I lowered the pot and laughed.
''Aww poor guy.'' I pitied him playfully and Yeonjun started to pout.
We've only had that kind of conversation lately. It was nice to not think about what I was saying. Yeonjun seemed to feel the same way.
''And you're sure you'll still be here when I come back?'' he asked.
''Of course, where should I go? Back to university? No! I'll use the two hours to browse around in my notes and then you'll be back." I said and we looked at each other for a moment before Yeonjun started to smile and nod.
''Yes. I'll hurry.''
I had to smile too. This was exactly what I had been looking for all this time. I felt so comfortable around Yeonjun, so comfortable that I hoped it would never end.