Chapter 30

"There's not a thing I could say, not a song I could singFor your mind to change, nothing can fill up the spaceWon't ask you to stay, but let me ask you one thingOh, when did you fall out of love, out of love?Oh, when did you fall out of love with...

For your mind to change, nothing can fill up the space
Won't ask you to stay, but let me ask you one thing
Oh, when did you fall out of love, out of love?
Oh, when did you fall out of love with me?"

"There's not a thing I could say, not a song I could singFor your mind to change, nothing can fill up the spaceWon't ask you to stay, but let me ask you one thingOh, when did you fall out of love, out of love?Oh, when did you fall out of love with...

Ingrid's POV

Sitting alone in a coffee shop late into the afternoon, I sipped on my tea as I continued reading my book. I had to have called Tristian at least 50 times in the last few days and maybe texted him at least 100 times. My hand itched to grab my phone, but I didn't.

Not when I cried all night and received an ear-wrenching slap to the face from my father after he found out I had missed one of my assignments online. Mr. Noah hasn't said much to me lately, but last I heard, Tristian had been visiting his mother more frequently and visiting the office, the tattoo shop, and the gym a bit less than he would normally on an average weekday.

As I sipped my drink, the bell of the little shop rang, and someone walked in. The cashier spoke as I turned the page.

" Hi. How can I help you? " She asked, and the person spoke as my spine straightened slightly.

" I'll take a coffee, black. " He spoke. My hands felt clammy as he paid, and slowly, his footsteps approached my table. I kept my eyes lowered as he sat across from me, and he spoke after a moment or so.

" Hello, sweetness.. " Darragh greeted me, and I placed my book on the table, making sure to bookmark my place while keeping my eyes trained down. He tilted his head.

" Oh, don't be like that. You should be excited to see me, no? " He chuckled, and I still avoided eye contact in slight fear. In my peripherals, I watched as he folded his hands on the table. The barista brought him his coffee, and he smiled as a 'thank you' before she walked off.

" We have some things to discuss, sweetness. " He muttered before taking a sip. I was already dealing with my own issues at the moment. From my father's abuse to Tristian's silent treatment, I was almost on the brink of losing it.