My Other Family?

"Ha!" She snickered, "You and I both know I let these vamps lead me to you," She winked. I glared, Why would she want to follow me? What is it that I have thay she needs?

I looked at her and thought for a moment, and I got it. "They forced you to come didn't they?" I questioned.

She looked at me, squinted then said, "I would rather have fallen by the hand of the hybrid, as a hero, than falling by the hand of The Mystic Elders, As a coward,"

I laughed, "Why would I kill my own blood?" Then got serious again, "Wait- They would kill you if you had not gained my allegiance?!" The thought that Fae were so cruel was beyond unimaginable to me, I heard rumor that they were forced to tell the truth, no matter the question. So how could such honest beings be so cruel?

She shook her head, a sad smile playing her lips, "You don't know, do you?" I shook my head, not knowing what the girl was inferring to. "After you were born your grandfather, the king to unite the Fae, left, to make sure that you were not harmed during this meaningless war, that you were not lured into this madness," she chuckled, "And yet the irony is, you stumble upon it by yourself," She sneered, "Your transformation of the Potencia led them to you! Why couldn't you have just stayed hidden?!" she dropped her head.

Wide eyed I stared at her, then I steeled myself, "You respected my grandfather, I can see it in your eyes, it brings pain to you to even speak of him, so why are you such a hypocrite and working aginst what he aimed to accomplish?!"

"You do not know a thing, boy! We Fae live for long periods of time, and in that time we see life and death fly by like the snap of two fingers!" She shot back.

"Oh, and I haven't?! You think that because you are older than me you have seen things that I have not?!" I yell, enraged, "My parents died not but three days ago!"

Zach stared at me, wide eyed. "I-I'm sorr-" I glared at him, he reached for me.

"I do not need your compassion," I say coldly, "Nor do I need anyone elses," I run into the woods, grabbing my "sister" by the waist.

I apologize for the wait, I might fix the story with a co-author, shoot some ideas my way, I am out.
~M