chapter 19

Ishita was wrapping up chapattis in a foil wrap, as she kept it in a tiffin and closing it with the lid, before she placed the tiffin as the third of the row of tiffins that were encased in a large box, which she was quick to close with its lid, making the tiffin ready. She carried it outside from the kitchen, but on her way she ended up bumping into dushyant, who was stepping out of their bedroom with his briefcase. 

"hi....uhh....good morning..." uttered ishita, only to bite her tongue the next second, while dushyant passed her a forced smile. 

"woh...uhhmm..." attempted dushyant to utter a sentence that was just not coming out of his mouth, when ishita intervened. 

"aapka tiffin...de..rahi thi..." offered ishita the tiffin to him, as dushyant accepted graciously. 

"tumhe zaroorat nahi hai..yeh sab karne ki..." stated dushyant, as he his tone matched the seriousness in his eyes. 

"aisi koi baat nahi hai...aapne kaha tha aap canteen se hi khaate wahan office mein..par...aap ki abhi tabiyat puri tarah se theek bhi nahi hui hai...abhi ghar ka kha lijiye.." expressed ishita her concern, as dushyant could only sigh in exasperation before responding. 

"dekho ishita, maine tumse shaadi ki raat hi kaha tha...main tumhe jia ki maa ke sewaye koi aur jagah nahi de sakta apne mann mein..." clarified dushyant sternly, as ishita looked disheartened by his words, but he only continued for more. 

"kal raat, joh hua, mujhe nahi pata kaise hua par...jab main apni biwi ko bhula hi nahi paya hoon toh tumhare saath aage badhna ki sochna bhi galat hoga...tumhare aur mere dono ke liye...aur waise bhi, tum bhi pyaar toh kisi aur se karti ho...tumse bhi yeh umeed karna galat hoga ki tum ab mere liye bhi apne dil mein wahi jagah banao...isliye behtar hai hum bhul jaye kal joh hua..." explained dushyant very bluntly, as despite of his tone being low and his intentions behind the words probably meaning well, it hurt ishita hard due to the harshness they seemed to make her feel from him. 

"dekho tum, bura mat mano please, tum bahaut achi maa ho jia ke liye...aur main bahaut khush hoon iss baat se...par..." attempted dushyant to console her but it seemed to be in vain. 

"aapne kabhi yeh socha hai ki aapne unhe kabhi bhulane ki koshish kyun nahi ki?" questioned ishita in a piercing tone, as dushyant left astounded at her words. 

"aap unhe bhulana chahte hi nahi hai...aap...aap manna hi nahi chahte woh yahan nahi hai...aap unhe yaad se bhi zinda rakhne ko taiyaar hai kyunki aap unhe khone ke dard ko mehsoos karne se bachna chahte hai!" exclaimed ishita, her tone raising, as her eyes moistened. 

"haan main karti thi kisi se pyaar! bahaut pyaar kiya tha maine usse! shaadi bhi karna chahiye aur bahaut, dukh hua, ki usse khoya...aur mere paas toh humare pyaari ki koi nishaani bhi nahi rahi...usse bhi mujhse cheen liya gaya! par main woh sab dukh jhel kar, apne dil ko sambhalkar aage badh rahi hoon! isliye iss dil mein, jia aur aapko, dono ko jagah di maine!" yelled ishita at this point, her anger reaching its peak, and her eyes getting heavy and teary-eyed. 

"aur aap, apne dil mein joh jagah meri hai usse bhi mujhe nikaal rahe hai! ek kona aapke dil ka rahega apni pehli mohabbat ke liye par yeh kisne keh diya ki dusri mohabbat ke liye koi jagah hi nahi hai! jiss tarah se aapne kal mujhe chuha, woh pyaar tha! usse nahi bhul sakte aap!" screamed ishita at this point of time, while dushyant was furious. 

"bhulana itna asaan nahi hota agar pyaar sacha hota hai toh! aur tum jisse pyaar keh rahi ho, woh bewakoofi thi, galti thi do second ki! behak gaya tha main! koi pyaar se nahi chuha tumhe!tumhara dimaag thikane pe hota toh pata hota tumhe!" yelled dushyant, before he turned to walk out of the house. 

"itna hi sacha pyaar tha toh do second ke liye hi sahi, kyun behak gaye!" yelled ishita, turning towards him, as his back faced her now, while he just continued to walk away, only to stop when he reached the door. 

"ek galti se pyaar jhuta nahi hojata....aur ek pal se koi pyaar nahi hojata!" exclaimed dushyant in anger, before opening the door and walking out of the house, leaving ishita in tatters. 

                                                                ***

The clock had struck 3 in the afternoon, as dushyant was continuously typing on his laptop, while he was seated at his desk in his cabin, he was clearly looking enraged. Suddenly, there was a knock on his cabin door, as a man of his similar age group entered with a friendly smile, but he greeted him with a death stare.

"kya baat hai bhai, itna bhadke hue ho, khaana bhi nahi khaaya...sab apna lunch break lekar wapas bhi aa gaye..." asked the man in concern, as dushyant only shook his head in disbelief, and signaled him to sit on the chair in front of him, which was empty, and he complied. 

Dushyant took out the tiffin he brought from home and handed it to him. 

"yeh jaa, neeche jaake kisi bhooke baithe bhekari ko de, aur usse keh mere liye dua kare aur mujhe ek musibat jaisi biwi se chutkara mile!" exclaimed dushyant in frustration, as the man just chuckled. 

"badi jaldi nahi pareshaan hogaye biwi se?" asked the man jokingly, receiving another glare from dushyant, making him hold his chuckle. 

"yaar yeh pressure mein aake shaadi karni hi nahi chahiye...saari galti meri hai..." repented dushyant, as he grabbed his forehead in stress. 

Suddenly, he heard his phone rang, as he picked it up out of annoyance, without looking at who the caller was. 

"hello..." received dushyant the call unwantedly.

"hello...dushyant...." crept up the voice on the other end of the call, chocked up, seemingly words uttered in between of someone crying, and he recognized the voice then and there. 

"ishita? kya hua? ro kyun rahi ho?" asked dushyant in concern, his anger faded away at that second. 

"dushyant...please hospital aa jaiye...jia theek nahi hai..." spoke ishita while barely managing to get out words from her mouth due to shock and hurt, while dushyant sprang up from his seat to stand. 

"main abhi aaya..." hung up dushyant on the call, as he grabbed his bag and was about to rush. 

"arre bhai kya hua!" exclaimed the man. 

"jia...hospital..mujhe jaana hai..." muttered dushyant as he was in a rush, but that was all for the man to know, a very dire situation had come up.