𝐼𝐼𝐼. 𝒦𝒶𝓇𝓂𝒾𝒸 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒

Act One; Chapter Three

Word Count:2530

[Season One, Episode Two]

"You son of a bitch! We ought to kill you!" Andrea shouted whilst shoving Rick against the wall and pointing a gun to his face.

"Talk about first impressions." Jules thought to herself before outwardly saying, "Hey! Glenn and I just saved his ass. So I'd rather you not murder him right now."

When Andrea didn't move a single inch, Jules sighed exasperatedly as the others attempted to talk her down. Out of all the possible responses the group could have had to Jules and Glenn bringing Rick to the others, Andrea wanting to murder him was not one she thought of.

Finally, after getting talked down by Morales, Andrea let go of Rick; however, as she did so, hopelessly muttered, "We're dead. All of us... Because of you."

"I don't understand." Rick confusedly voiced in response to Andrea's sentence.

Morales bitterly scoffed, grabbed Rick by the forearm and dragged him into the main lobby of the store. "Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies. You know what the key to scavenging is? Surviving! You know the key to surviving? Sneaking in and out, tiptoeing. Not shooting up the streets like it's the O.K. Corral."

"What the hell is that?" Jules whispered to Glenn, and without missing a beat, he answered, "Real-life western shootout." Jules let out an ah while curtly nodding her head in understanding.

Since the two were distracted, they caught up in the conversation just as Andrea said, "And you just rang the dinner bell."

This made Jules and Glenn to look at the glass doors that were slowly being cracked due to the large number of geeks pressing themselves onto them.

"Well shit-" Jules murmured, then, without thinking, sprinted back to the side entrance of the store. Glenn, of course, followed her, and when he finally matched her pace, asked, "What are you doing?"

"Grabbing my baseball bat, so if those fuckers somehow break in, I have something to protect you and the others with."

"Okay, but what about you?"

Jules knit her eyebrows in genuine confusion, then turned her gaze towards Glenn while she grabbed her bat and questioned, "What about me?"

Before Glenn could even think to answer, a loud gunshot rang from the roof. Jules grumbled curses under her breath, readjusting her grip on her bat and rushing out of the small room. Since the others were already halfway up to the roof, Jules and Glenn were the last ones to get there. Then, once the duo finally did reach it, they noticed high tensions between Merle, who was holding a sniper rifle at the others.