𝒱𝐼𝐼. 𝒪𝒽, 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃!

Act One; Chapter Seven

Word Count: 1992

[Season One, Episode Three]

"I still can't believe he's serious," Jules muttered to herself, crossing her arms and leaning her back on the side of Dale's RV.

Shane, who was unfortunately close, had overheard Jules comment and agreed, "You and me both, Jules."

Immediately, a grimace formed on Jules's face at Shane's words. "Oh god, I can't believe you, of all people, are agreeing with me. Gross."

"Please, like you're any better," Shane grumbled while rolling his eyes.

Jules launched herself off the RV and began to walk towards Glenn, Eve, and Sawyer. Then, as she passed Shane, purposely bumped her shoulder into him and hissed, "Bite me, Shane."

When Jules joined the others, Glenn, who had noticed the altercation, carefully questioned, "Hey, what was that all about?" This got Eve and Sawyer's attention, and the latter furrowed his brow in confusion. "What was, what all about?"

"Uhhhhh...." Jules paused when she saw everyone's expecting faces and chose to just shrug instead. "Nothing."

Despite Sawyer's expression being one of skepticism, he still slowly acknowledged it as a viable response. Following that, Rick walked past them and towards Shane with his newly washed sheriff's uniform. Next the four noticed the two cops start to argue, and Jules sarcastically questioned, "How much do you want to bet that's not about Merle?" With a raised brow and crossed arms.

Sawyer pulled a face and replied, "None, because I'll know I'll lose."

The sound of genuine distress in Sawyer's voice made Jules feel guilty for even saying anything about Merle. However, before she could apologize for it, Sawyer excused himself from the group. "I'm going to go and see if I can help." Following that, Sawyer walked towards Shane and Rick, who were in fact arguing about Merle.

Shane was the one currently speaking when Sawyer joined the duo's side. "So that's it, huh? You're just gonna walk off? Just to hell with everybody else?"

Sawyer simply sighed as Rick answered, "I'm not saying to hell with anybody... Not you, Shane."

"Lori least of all. Tell her that."

"She knows," Rick informed Shane.

Shane rolled his eyes and exasperatedly countered, "Well, look, I... I don't, okay, Rick? So could you just throw me a bone here, man? Could you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douchebag like Merle Dixon?"