𝒳𝐼. 𝑅𝑜𝓈𝒶

Act One; Chapter Eleven

Word Count: 4099

[Season One, Episode Four]

[Trigger Warning: Mention of Domestic Abuse]

The second the group got back to the office, Jules went off on her own to calm her nerves before confronting the Vatos. Currently, she was doing so by simply pacing back and forth.

"You'll wear out your shoes if you keep walking around like that, you know?" T-Dog jokingly questioned, leaning himself against the doorframe.

A smile appeared on Jules lips, and she swung her arms around as she turned to face her friend. "Nah, Evie picked me a titanium pair." Jules then shrugged and went back to pacing. "Besides, Jacqui told me she could stitch up anything, so if they somehow break, she can fix 'em."

"Yeah, she certainly is a miracle worker with a thread and needle," T-Dog agreed with a smile. "I mean, I still can't believe she managed to patch up your shirt, which was basically threads after a run."

Jules swiftly turned around and put a defensive finger up whilst holding back a laugh. "Hey, it wasn't threads... It was just." Jules put her hands on her hips, thinking of the right word to use.

"Disheveled?" T-Dog asked with raised brows and a hint of a grin.

A disbelieving scoff laugh escaped Jules: "Disheveled!?"

T-Dog shrugged, still trying his best not to grin. "Karma for you telling me I'm bald earlier."

"Well, that's a fact," Jules countered, "Not an opinion."

T-Dog finally let his grin appear and quipped, "Well, your shirt looking disheveled after that run is a fact, not an opinion."

Instead of getting mad or making a joke back, Jules simply laughed, "Damn T, that was a good burn."

"Thank you, I try," T-Dog replied with a chuckle, causing Jules to laugh again as well.

Once the laughter died down, Jules sighed: "It's time to confront Guillermo and the others, isn't it?"

A somber expression took over T-Dog's features. "Yeah, it is."

Following that, a moment of silence fell over the room before Jules looked at the floor and softly asked, "What if he's dead already?"

"Hey, don't think like that."

Jules looked up from the floor, and that's when T-Dog saw that her eyes were glistening with potential tears.