⦗ 𝟎𝟐 ⦘ devious shadows

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - devious shadows

            "𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

"𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍." 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓'𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, her words reverberating off the cold stone walls like a sinister echo. She stood before Keir, dressed in a black lace dress with intricate silver embroidery that shimmered in the dim candlelight, her golden hair cascading over her shoulders like molten honey, hazel eyes ablaze with a fierce intensity that could rival the flames of a roaring inferno. The light flickered, casting ominous shadows across her face, and enhancing the aura of dark power that surrounded her.

Keir observed his daughter with a blend of curiosity and caution. His gaze was sharp and calculating as he spoke in a voice as cold as the stone around them.

"Azriel," he stated in a low voice, his tone betraying a hint of wariness. "What business does the spy of the Night Court have here once more?"

"He seeks information, as always," she purred, savoring the taste of each word like a fine wine. "But I believe there is more to it this time. The Inner Circle is growing restless." Alicent's lips curled into a smirk, her features carved in cunning satisfaction as she paused, "Azriel is not one to saunter through our halls without hidden intentions. We need to put an end to his meddling once and for all. I'm done playing games with them."

Keir's brow furrowed, his mind churning with thoughts as intricate as the webs Alicent spun in her daily dealings. The faintest hint of amusement flashed in his eyes.

"Are you my daughter? Or are you still a child who seeks to prove herself?" The condescending tone was one Alicent was familiar with, and it grated on her nerves.

Alicent's jaw clenched at her father's words, the muscles in her face tightening as she fought to maintain her composure.

"I am not a child, Father," she retorted with a venomous voice.  "I have proven myself time and time again in the Court of Nightmares. It is time for us to take control, to show the Inner Circle that we are not to be trifled with."

Keir studied his daughter, his expression inscrutable as he considered her words. The weight of his gaze bore down on Alicent like a heavy chain, each link forged from years of tradition and expectation. Finally, he spoke, his voice low and measured, "Watch yourself, child. I won't have you ruining the plans we've been working toward for years."

"What do you suggest, then?" she asked, her voice carefully controlled.

"Patience, daughter," Keir replied. "You may not be ready to strike yet, but the time for subtlety has passed. We must act decisively to protect our interests and solidify our power within the Hewn City."

There was a menace in his voice, a dark promise that sent a shiver down her spine. Alicent's blood sang with anticipation as she contemplated what the future held in store for her. She was prepared to do whatever was necessary to secure her position and prove to her father that she was worthy of being his heir.