Ceremony

Sophia - Royal Crest

It's the morning of our combined mating and Luna ceremony. We have worked tirelessly this week to get everything in order.

The jetty is covered with hundreds of hurricane candles with a beautiful wisteria arch at the end to say our vows.

There's enough seating for the whole pack to enjoy the festivities and each and every table is set up beautifully. There's twinkling lights in the trees surrounding the whole lake and we even found a band at short notice so the pack can dance in to the night.

It's going to be just as I pictured it. Enzo arranged for one of the warriors mates, an up and coming designer to fit me out. I felt terrible giving her no time at all. She worked tirelessly round the clock for me. And here I am in my final fitting. We both have tears in our eyes it's just perfect. I'll make this up to you Mable I promise. "Luna, the exposure I get from you wearing my gown will be enough I promise". "Either way I still owe you". "And I will think of something to surprise you I smirk". I've already got an idea of doing an interview with the Royal Kingdom Times. A name drop in that and the poor girl will be booked up for century's i snigger.

My family, friends and the king are arriving shortly. There wasn't time to get here sooner so I am grateful that they dropped any plans they had for the weekend.

We pop the beautiful dress back in to the bag and she brings me a glass of champagne to toast. Something tells me not to swallow the bubbly goodness so I pretend to take a big sip and give a little hmm in appreciation.

I will save the few toasts I need to for this evening. A glass will not effect me anyway but I'd rather keep it to the one and it won't raise any suspicions then either.

My breast have become sensitive this last couple of days, they feel fuller than normal but otherwise I don't feel any different. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I hear a knock at the door as Mable helps me in to my dressing gown. It's my mother and she runs toward me for a giant hug, kissing me all over my face and cooing like I'm her baby. Mable is giggling and I'm embarrassed but I give her this time. I suppose no matter how old your children are they will always be your babies.

"I'm glad it's not just my mum Luna". She says. And me and mum laugh. I tell her all about the efforts that Mable has gone to for me but refuse to show her the dress until later. We fill her in on the colour scheme and the line up for the evening and she looks delighted. Another knock and Lily comes running in hugging me like my mother. Her Luna ceremony is next month and we will be making the journey for her too.

Your father, brother, mate and the king are wearing the carpet out downstairs with their pacing Sophia, you better get down their and placate them she giggles.

I quickly change in to some skinny combats and a
a fitted tank and run down the stairs. Enzo looks like he hasn't seen me in weeks when in reality it's been like 1 hour so I kiss him first before hugging the rest of the men.

I notice Leon coming in through the door, he looks worn out but happy to see the house full. I imagine raine is extremely upset that she hasn't got a part to play in this and for a moment I feel guilty before pushing it away. I tell Leon that I would like them both to be present for the photos and he looks like I've just made his entire year.

"Thank you Sophia". "You've made an old man real happy he says". "But she knows to keep away otherwise he confirms looking sad again".

The king gives him a tumbler of the good stuff and they cheers to god knows what. It will be helpful when I have the pack link. "I can mind link him inappropriate things when he's mid conversation then. I can't wait to terrorise him. I think of my old family traditions where we each share something meaningful or thought provoking each day. I bet Enzo will love that, he's a geek at heart.