1. Prologue

Author note: just so it's clear, I changed their ages. In this flashback Taylor is 16, a junior in high school. Travis and Austin are 17-18, seniors.
The next parts will take place on August of the next year. Also it's modern cause I was a baby when Taylor was 16 and have no idea how was dating really back then. 
***
Travis (may, 15 months ago)
"Austin!" I call out loud as I open the door to his house without knocking. We've been best friends for like ten years by now and it's been I while since one of us bothered to knock when arriving to the other's house. I can't ignore the loud music coming from upstairs, probably from his sister's room Taylor, she's a year younger than us. Austin screams over the music "upstairs!" and I begin walking up the stairs to his bedroom, saying hello to his mother on my way past the kitchen.

As I walk down the hallway and get to Taylor's room, I can't help but peek in to see what she's doing. I've known her since she was seven and I was eight, she's always been 'Austin's annoying little sister' to me but I think that something has changed in the last couple of months. I don't know exactly what tho. I look into the room sneakily and see her and Abigail, her best friend since her freshman year of high school sitting in robes and doing their makeup while singing along to their music.
Taylor laughs from something Abigail's said and the sound is like the cutest thing I've ever heard. A warm feeling spread around my chest but I quickly shake that off and continue to my friend's room.

"What are they doing in there?" I ask him closing the door behind me as I enter the room. "Getting ready for their junior prom" he sits up on his bed "have you not been listening to her? She's been talking about it nonstop the last few weeks" I guess I was too focused on staring at her lips to actually hear what she was saying. "Oh".

Later that evening Austin and I watch tv in the living room down stairs as the girls walk down the stairs. There was a honk sound outside a few minutes ago so I guess their ride is here. When I catch a glimpse at Taylor my breath gets stuck in my throat. I think I might've also skipped a heartbeat. She is absolutely gorgeous. She's not Austin's little sister anymore. She's a woman, the royal blue dress she's wearing is hugging her tall figure in all the right places. Showing off all of her womanly curves I didn't notice until now, given the fact I mostly saw her in sweats around the house. She's looking around and suddenly her eyes lock with mine, I can't take my eyes off of her but the intense eye contact is getting cut because she looks down and then to her brother.

"We're leaving, tell mom and dad I'll send pictures later" she says with her soft shy voice and I'm forced to look to Austin's when he answers her "ok" is all he says at first but when she opens the door he continues "you look nice, have fun" he gives her a small smile "but don't talk to any boys" he adds and she rolls her eyes at him "bye Austin" she takes a step to the door and stops to look at me "bye Travis", "bye Taylor have fun" I replay and we smile at each other for a moment before she eventually has to go.

Me and Austin don't talk. We just go back to watching tv but I can't concentrate on anything that happens on the screen at the moment because all I think about is Taylor.
Does she have a date? Does she like her date? Will he try to kiss her? Would she let him?
All those questions run around by head when the realization hits on me like a truck. I think I'm falling in love with Taylor. I'm falling in love with my best friend's little sister. Shit.