Threads of love

In the heart of Mumbai, beneath the shadow of the towering skyscrapers, lay a small, modest apartment adorned with vibrant tapestries and the fragrance of freshly cooked spices. Here, amidst the bustling city streets, resided Raj and Meera, a newlywed couple bound by the age-old tradition of arranged marriage.

As the evening sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden hue over the city, Raj returned home from a long day at the office. His footsteps echoed through the hallway as he entered their cozy abode, where the aroma of Meera's cooking welcomed him.

"Meera, I'm home," Raj called out, his voice filled with warmth.

Meera emerged from the kitchen, her eyes sparkling with love as she greeted him with a smile. "Welcome back, Raj. Dinner is almost ready."

As they sat down to eat, their conversation flowed effortlessly, weaving through topics both mundane and profound. Despite the initial awkwardness of their arranged union, Raj and Meera had discovered a deep connection, a bond that grew stronger with each passing day.

After dinner, they retreated to the balcony, where the city lights twinkled like a thousand stars against the night sky. Raj wrapped a shawl around Meera's shoulders, and they sat together in companionable silence, savoring the tranquility of the moment.

"Meera, do you remember our first meeting?" Raj asked softly, breaking the silence.

Meera chuckled, the memory bringing a blush to her cheeks. "How could I forget? I was so nervous, I spilled tea all over myself."

Raj laughed, the sound like music to Meera's ears. "And I couldn't stop fidgeting with my tie. I was convinced I would make a fool of myself."

"But look at us now," Meera said, her gaze meeting Raj's. "We've come so far since that day."

Raj reached out to cup her face in his hands, his eyes reflecting the depth of his emotions. "Meera, from the moment I saw you, I knew there was something special about you. You've brought so much joy into my life, and I am grateful every day to have you as my wife."

Tears welled up in Meera's eyes, her heart overflowing with love. "Raj, you have brought meaning to my existence, filling my days with laughter and my nights with warmth. I am blessed to have you as my husband."

Their lips met in a tender kiss, sealing their vows of love and devotion. In that moment, amidst the chaos of the city, Raj and Meera found solace in each other's arms, their souls entwined in a timeless embrace.

As the night wore on, they remained on the balcony, lost in whispered promises and shared dreams. Raj pulled out his phone and played their favorite Bollywood love song, and they swayed together under the moonlit sky, their laughter mingling with the music.

"Raj, do you remember the first time you made me chai?" Meera asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"How could I forget? I added too much sugar, and you pretended to like it just to spare my feelings," Raj replied with a grin.

Meera laughed, the sound echoing through the night. "And I knew right then that you were the one for me."

They danced until the stars began to fade, their love shining brighter than ever before. And as the first light of dawn kissed the horizon, painting the sky with hues of pink and gold, Raj and Meera embraced the new day, their hearts united in a love that would never fade.

A/N: Sorry for the very short story!!