preview

•••

1912, New Orleans

"EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT THE WITCH AYANNA who helped your mother turn you into vampires," Ophelia paused, "Who do you think Ayanna learnt that from?"

Kol smirked, "Well, do tell. You seem to get more interesting the longer we speak."

Ophelia took a sip of her drink, "Do your research on the long line of Lenox witches, and then we'll talk." She left without another word— she left. Leaving Kol Mikaelson wanting nothing more than to chase after her. He always loved a chase.

•••

Mystic Falls, 2010

"I wouldn't go looking for sweet Ophelia in the Dowager Fauline Cottage, brother." Klaus taunted at his younger brother as he made a move to leave the hybrids home. He was undaggered now, he could finally free her and the two of them could disappear.

Kol stopped abruptly, turning on his heel, "And why is that, Nik?" His eyes narrowed.

"Because I heard that she was able to break through the magic and escape," Klaus paused, "Pity it was the same day that Mikael rained upon New Orleans like hellfire."

Kol took a step closer to his brother, "What. Did. You. Do?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I may have compelled every living being I came across as I fled that city to tell the monsterous man that was terrorising the French quarter that the way to the Mikaelsons was through Ophelia Lenox." Klaus said smugly, "and if by some miracle she evaded Mikael, old age definitely would've killed her. It's been 90 years, brother. Welcome back."

Kol saw red.

•••