004

"K-KOL?" OPHELIA QUESTIONED, HER BREATH hitched in her throat, looking at the stranger in front of her

"Indeed," he told her with a smirk, "Whilst I am more than happy to see you, Lia, my question remains.. how are you alive?"

She walked towards him, he was still standing against the wall that she had thrown him against— this body, was taller than the original Kol, with striking blue eyes that almost intimidated her, "It's really you?" She half mumbled. He took her hand in his own, interlocking their fingers, it was almost like a spark of electricity ran through the both of them— their magic entwining into one. Until Kol frowned.

"I can feel your magic," he paused, "But I can also feel that you're a vampire. What did you do?"

She squeezed his hand with her own, never taking her eyes off him, "I waited for you."

"Lia," he let go of her hands and cupped her cheeks, "What did you do?"

"When Mikael was chasing me, I went back to the plantation house and drank the vial of your blood and provoked Mikael into killing me. When I woke and was in a transition, I cast a spell.... To make me a vampire and to be able to keep my magic."

"So you're an... un-sired vampire?" He questioned, "And you can still practice magic?"

Ophelia nodded, nestling her cheek into one of his hands, "I told you, I waited for you. Klaus would've kept you daggered beyond my lifespan, Kol. He did, for gods sake. I knew the risks but none of them outweighed one day being with you again."

He looked down at the girl in awe, he knew that she loved him— as he loved her, but the lengths she had gone too, the time she had waited for him to return. His heart swelled with emotions that he hadn't felt for a long time. Not since he had last been luckily enough to be in her presence.

"Lia," he started, unsure of what to actually say in that moment, "I-I don't know what to say."

She smiled, "You don't have to say anything Kol." She paused, "I suppose bringing you back in a witches body means your mother has plans for you."

He nodded solemnly, "She does. Listen Lia, I don't want you caught up in all of this. It's going to get messy, that's for sure."

She rolled her eyes, "You think I can't handle messy?"

He laughed at her then, but that didn't mean he wouldn't worry for her safety as he always did. He also knew that his mother surely wouldn't let Ophelia carry on being the creature of the night that he used to be. Esther was too ashamed of creating the vampire species in the first place and wasn't going to stop until she righted her wrongs.

"I'm sorry I haven't got the face you're used too." He told her guiltily. He was certain that she was disappointed.

"Hey, I don't care about what face you have. I care about what's in here." She told him, pointing at the place in his chest where his heart was.