Chapter Two

I left the building and walked around the area looking for a place where I could buy all the things I needed. Not only to shower, but also to cook for myself later or to have breakfast. After walking about 5 blocks I came to a sort of supermarket.

I went in and started looking up everything I needed to survive. I got shampoo, hair conditioner, mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush and soap. Once I had the hygiene part done, I moved on to the food part. I took milk, bread, cheese, pasta, butter, eggs and chocolate powder. I hardly drink coffee because I like it with caramel, dulce de leche or chocolate, and I don't like tea. I also took some fruit and some chocolates. Among other things.

When I had got everything I needed, I paid and went back home. On the way back I passed an SK Telecom shop, so I took advantage and went in to find out about getting a chip for my phone, as mine from Argentina didn't work here, and also to find out about mobile phone prices.

After chatting to one of the salesmen for a while, I registered, they gave me the chip with my new number and I bought a phone too. This was the last Samsung, and you could put two chips in. I was very happy because I did not need to have two mobile phones. I transferred all my contacts from my old phone to the new one, with all my photos, and gave them my old one as part of the payment, which wasn't much, but it was something. I also bought two cases for it. A super protective clear one and one of the original Samsung soft pastel pink.

When I was done with all that, I went home. I emailed Mrs Min explaining that i already had a Korean mobile number and sent her the updated CV. She replied shortly afterwards, thanking me for letting her know. After this I sent the new curriculum to several language schools and also to agencies as a tutor or even a producer, but I doubted that would happen.

When I was done, I took a bath, put on my pajamas and went to bed to look at my new phone, put cute wallpapers on it, download all the apps I had on my old phone, and other things. While I was doing this, I talked to my friends and my mum because it was already morning in Buenos Aires. I was very tired, so as soon as I was done I went to sleep.

The next day I woke up to the sound of a phone call on my mobile. I looked at the screen and it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I said sleepily.

"Hello, I'm Min Sun Hee, sorry Emma, did I wake you?" asked a voice on the other end of the phone. I jumped up on the bed.

"No, no, I was just resting, I still have a changed schedule, the 12-hour difference affects a lot." I said embarrassed, it was 10 o'clock and here people wake up at 7 o'clock.

"Don't worry, it's understandable, you just got back from a very long flight, so relax," she said. I smiled, "Look, I have contacted you because I have spoken to my partners at the agency and we would like you to come in for an interview as we have an offer to make to you," she said. I was shocked "Miss Emma? Are you still there?" she called out to me.

"Yes, yes!" I said excitedly. "Sure, just tell me when and I'll go." I said as I got up from my bed, almost jumping.

"Very well, come today at two o'clock, I'll send you the address on KakaoTalk, we'll be waiting for you, see you." she said and hung up. I dropped my phone on my bed and started screaming with joy.

I had an interview with SM Entertainment. I couldn't believe it, it was too good to be true, I couldn't believe it was happening to me. I felt like I was going to wake up at any moment, but... it wasn't a dream, it was reality.

I left my room, had some chocolate milk and toast for breakfast and then went into the bathroom. It may seem strange, but I wanted to be perfect so I took another bath. Once I was clean, I dried my hair and dressed in black trousers, boots, a white silk shirt and a grey sweater, accompanied by my white coat. I put on some make-up, just foundation, expression lines, mascara and a baby pink on my lips. I took out my mobile phone and googled the address of the agency. Luckily it wasn't far. I grabbed a notebook and my new CV and put it in my handbag.