1

This story is fiction,
Not everything is going to be accurate
To real life.
Any tips and such are always
Welcome in the comments
Enjoy!

-

-

"Ladies and gentleman, prepare for landing." The pilots voice creaks through the intercom of the plane.
America.
I buckle my seatbelt and watch out the tiny plane window as I see Orlando's city lights.
The Plane comes to the ground and stops eventually
"Welcome to Florida, the current time is nine PM." The pilots voice creaks through the planes intercom again.
I got my phone out of my pocket and turned flight mode off.
My mum send me a message. When I told her I was going to America she wasn't sure if I should do it.
"Your whole life is here." She'd say, or "it's far away you know."
My mom has always supported me through everything. She has been with me every step of the way, wether that was at school, when I had problems with friends or if it was about horses.
Horses.
That's why I'm here.
I've been working hard for it, years and years of riding, and a whole lot of patience.
And a few months ago I got asked if I wanted to ride for someone.
In America.
So ofcourse I went.
I knew the guy. He was 60 years old and has bred horses for atleast thirty years.
I've talked to him and his wife before.
They were around at some competitions I've been.
Anyway, enough thoughts for now.
I put my phone away in my pocket again, after sending a quick message to my mum that I landed safely.
This is my first time being on my own.
In a foreign country, where I know no one.
I guess I'll be fine.
I grab my bag and walk out the plane, navigating through the airport, trying to find the baggage claim.
Waiting for my suitcase to finally come out took forever.
I check my phone to see a message from Arthur, saying his wife, Mathilda will come pick me up.
Mathilda is a lovely women, she's in her mid sixties, has grey hair and is one of the kindest people I've ever met.
I walked out of the airport.
Looking around I see Mathilda waving at me.
I walk over to her and give her a hug.
"It's so lovely to see you again Elodie." She says.
"Thanks for having me." I reply.
We get in the car and drive away, quickly leaving the airport behind for a city road.
"I think you'll like it here, there's a lot to do for people your age." Mathilda says.
"Well, there's certainly a lot to explore." I say, looking out the window.

A short while later we arrive at the barn, or rather the huge facility.
"Wow, it's huge here." I tell Mathilda, amazed at the sight.
"We're very proud of it." She says, with a small smile on her face.
We walk toward a house on the left side, standing freely from the stable blocks but closer to the yards with horses in them.
A man I recognize to be Arthur opens the door with a welcoming smile.
"Ah Elodie! How was your flight?" He asks me.
"It went well, it was a long one." I reply.
"Yes, well it's a long way from England isn't it." He says.
"It is." I tell him with a slight chuckle.
The three of us walk into the white farm house.
The inside of the house is beautifully decorated with all sorts of paintings and pictures.
The windows in the living room look out onto the stables and the ones in the kitchen on to the fields with horses in them.
"Your house is beautiful." I say to the couple.
"Why thank you Elle." Mathilda says.

We drank some tea and talked.
"It's getting late, would you like me to show you your room?" Mathilda asks me.
"That'd be great!" I say.
I follow the older lady up the staircase and into the hallway.
The hallways walls were painted white and had pictures and paintings of horses and landscapes on them.
The floor is a brown wood and creaks slightly as we walk on it.
She opens a white door on the left hand side of the hallway.
"This is your room for the time your staying here." Mathilda says.
The room has white walls, and one big window on the opposite side of the door.
The window looks out onto the fields, and the now dark and starry sky.
On the walls hang small paintings.
There's a white wooden desk and a nice chair to sit on. The bed looks exactly like what I need right now.
"It's wonderful, thank you!" I say.
"The bathroom is on the other side of the hallway, its yours, we have one connected to our room, and you can put your clothes in the drawers and closet." Mathilda says.
"Thank you! Good night." I say.
"Good night Elle." She says softly spoken.
She closes the door behind her as I sit down on the bed.
I'm here.
I take a deep breath and another look around the room.
America.
I feel a smile form on my face, this is what I wanted.

-

First chapter!
I hope you guys like it so far.
Just a disclaimer, I don't know a lot about America/ Florida. So if I get some information wrong please let me know!