16

1977 winter break (sixth year for reggie, i think, idk maths is confusing)(third person) (i think that song goes pretty well with this chapter) (its short btw) 

"Reggie, I'm confused, what happened? What did they do to you? Why aren't you talking to me?" he tried not to look at her, he knew if he saw her tears he wouldn't be able to stop himself. To stop himself from spilling everything. If she knew she would hate him. And she would be in immense danger.

With that in mind he trudged on, ignoring her as she came after him. However he wast expecting the next word to come out of those pretty little lips of hers.

"Mandrakes." he froze, his jaw tightening. The string-like marks on his right arm began tingling, warning him. "Els," he said in a warning tone.

"Reggie." the marks started hurting more.

He sighed, knowing he didn't have any other choice. "Come, follow me, can't talk here."

He grabbed her arm and led her down a hallway to an empty classroom. He locked the door and yanked up his left sleeve.

Her eyes widened and her jaw went slack. He avoided her eyes and stood nervously.

"Say something. Please." he practically pleaded.

"I- regulus i don't know what to say." his stomach dropped at regulus. knife meet heart.

"Els-"

"Fielia." she corrected. "I, I can't, no. You're in with the very people you claimed to hate. I-" she shook her head and walked out. Leaving him standing alone in the classroom.

Only once he was sure no one was near, did he let the tears fall.