Avengers: Infinity War 1

[Radio transmission sound]

[Asgardian PA]:
This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman! We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault – The engines are dead, life support failing! Requesting aid from any vessel within range...We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here! This is not a war craft, I repeat, this is not a war craft!

Thor gasps. "What has happened?!"

Loki quickly tries to calm his brother down.

[Inside the ship, Ebony Maw walks among the bodies of dead Asgardians. He steps over them as he speaks with no mind, as if they were scattered pieces of dirty clothing on a bedroom floor.]

Ebony Maw:
Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No...It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile...For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos.

Loki freezes. Thanos. This isn't good. This isn't good at all.

"Who's Thanos?" Ron asks. Hermione rolls her eyes.

"I'm sure if you watch, you find out!"

[Loki is seen with the Black Order. He watches Thanos.]

Thanos:
[Looking out a large window: I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless. [grabs Thor by the head.] It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM.

[Thanos holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet, which already hosts the Power Stone.]

"That's the guy from the end of Age of Ultron!"Sirius shouts.

At the same time, Remus shouts out: "I knew those stones would come into play!"

The avengers all nod. It makes sense. It was just their luck that these 'Infinity Stones' that Thor had mentioned would come back.

And this big grape dude just had to be the one to have them, didn't he?

Thor:
[exhaustedly spitting blood from his mouth] You talk too much.

Thanos:
[to Loki] The Tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference.

Loki:
Oh, I do. Kill away!

Thor shoots his brother a hurt look. He thought, after the whole fighting their evil sister thing, that they'd grown closer. He must've been mistaken.

Many people in the hall glare at Loki.

[Thanos sets the gauntlet on Thor's temple. The power stone glows brightly. Thor suffers in pain.]

Loki:
[cringing and looking away from his brother's pain and has just thought for a few seconds] ALRIGHT, STOP!

Some breathe sighs of relief as Loki helps Thor.

Thor:
We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard.

[Loki glances at Thor like he knows something he doesn't. He lifts his right hand into the air and the Tesseract reveals itself]

Thor:
You really are the worst, brother.

"Brother! Why didn't you leave it?!" Thor asks Loki.

Said man shrugs. "I don't think I have to explain myself to you."

Truthfully, he didn't really know why he took it. He just did. But now, seeing what it's caused, he truly regrets it.