Code Breaker

Stiles POV:

When my mom died, Ar and Scott never left my side. My dad went on a bit of a bender when she died and Melissa offered to let me stay with them. We would spend hours playing video games, reading comic books or playing board games. They would do anything to keep my mind off of it. That was until night time, when Scott would fall asleep and I was left to sit awake by myself. If I was lucky enough to sleep I would have nightmares.

To this day I am not sure if I would wake her up or if she just knew, but Ar would always come when I was having a hard time sleeping or a nightmare. She would bring in her blanket and pillow from her room and lay them next to me on the floor. We never talked. She never forced me to. Just would lay next to me holding my hand. Her just being there always brought me comfort.

After a while, I was unable to sleep without her by my side. When my dad got better and I went back home it took me weeks to be able to sleep again. I think she noticed my lack of sleep, because one day at school she stole my hoodie. She returned it the next day saying she took it by accident thinking it was Scotts, but when I went to put it on, it smelled like her. I slept with that hoodie every night until her scent wore off.

〰 ☽ ◯ ☾ 〰

My world is crashing down around me as I hold my best friend, barely breathing in my arms. I have taken off my jacket to hold it against her throat to stop some of the bleeding.

"What did you do to her?!" I shout at the old werewolf in front of me. I hear him scoff. "She will be fine... Maybe." My head whips up to meet his eyes. "What do you mean maybe?! You slashed her throat open!" My voice is getting sore from yelling and crying.

He moves his head from side to side. "Well, she either turns or she dies. She's strong. There's a good chance she'll turn. Both of them." I stare at him in disbelief as he grabs me by the shoulder forcing me to stand. "Now. Let's go."

I try to break out of his hold. "No. I'm not leaving them here!" I shout tearfully. "Just kill me. I don't care anymore." Peter growls "You don't have a choice Stiles. You're coming with me or I will finish them off."

I am able to break out of his old, or he lets me go and I'm right by Ars' side again. I feel for her pulse but it's too weak for me to find. "Call your friend. Call Jackson to come help them. That's all you get." I hesitate before pulling out my phone.

"Call him or I'll make you leave and kill them both--" He pauses "Just for fun." Seeing the weak movement of her chest rising and falling, I look towards her face and move her hair out of the way before I reach for my phone and call Jackson.

〰 ☽ ◯ ☾ 〰

"Don't feel bad Stiles. If she lives, she'll become a werewolf like her brother. She will be incredibly powerful as well." Peter states with fake sympathy. "Yeah, and once a month she will try and kill me." I mumble.

My hands and chest are covered in Ar and Lydia's blood. I don't know whos is whos, but I think most of it is Ars'. Her injury was worse than Lydias. I can't believe I just left her there. What if she doesn't wake up? Scotts going to kill me.

Peter's voice interrupts my thoughts. "Well, since she's a woman it's actually twice a month." He lets out a slight laugh at his own joke and I turn my head to glare at him.

In the parking garage he shuts the trunk as I am trying to calm myself down from the shock of seeing a dead body in his trunk. He sets the laptop down, opening it and starting it up. "Good luck getting a signal down here" I mutter.

Peter holds up a MIFI box and I roll my eyes. "Oh, and youre a Mac guy. Does that go for all psychotic werewolves or just a personal preference?"" I snark.