Chapter 3

Arabella stands at a distance, watching both Sam and Dean as they burn their father's wrapped-up body

Arabella stands at a distance, watching both Sam and Dean as they burn their father's wrapped-up body. She notices both boys holding back tears, and she feels herself tearing up a bit as well. Arabella senses that she's intruding on something deeply personal, but Sam had asked her to stay.

Breaking the silence, Sam turns to Dean. "Before he... before, did he say anything to you? About anything?"

Dean shakes his head. "No. Nothing."

When both Sam and Dean are ready to leave, Sam pulls Arabella aside.

"I know we still don't know each other well, but I'd really appreciate it if you hung around for a while. We could use the extra help on hunts." Sam pauses. "Only if you want to, though."

Arabella nods, smiling softly. "Of course. I'd love to stick around. I've hunted alone for years, so this will be a nice change."

Sam smiles back at her. "Awesome. Glad to have you on board."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

One Week Later 

Dean and Arabella are currently working on the Impala. Since the death of Dean and Sam's dad, they've all been staying over at Bobby's so Dean could work on his car. Arabella thought it would be a good opportunity for her to get to know Dean better, so she offered to help him.

Sam walks out from the house. "How's the car coming along?"

"Slow," Dean says from underneath the car as Arabella wipes her oily hands on her pants.

"Yeah? Need any help?" Sam asks.

Dean laughs. "What, you under a hood? I'll pass." Arabella chuckles.

"Need anything else, then?" Sam asks. Arabella watches them wearily, worried Dean will snap.

Dean pushes himself out from under the car and stands. "Stop it, Sam."

"Stop what?" Sam questions.

Dean sighs. "Stop asking if I need anything, stop asking if I'm okay. I'm okay. Really. I promise."

Sam's frown deepens. "All right, Dean, it's just... We've been at Bobby's for over a week now, and you haven't brought up Dad once."

Arabella nods in agreement. "Dean, it's okay to talk about how you feel. Both Sam and I are here to listen."

Dean's response is laced with sarcasm. "You know what? You're right. Come here. I'm gonna lay my head gently on your shoulder. Maybe we can cry, hug, and maybe even slow dance."

Sam's frustration is palpable. "Don't patronize me, Dean. Dad is dead. The Colt is gone, and it seems pretty damn likely that the demon is behind all of this. And you're acting like nothing happened."