The Bad Beginning

*Background: This story starts at the beginning of season two, It won't follow the storyline of The Rookie perfectly because of some things I need to change! In this story, Lucy has a secret child and is in an abusive relationship with a guy named Mark. He is not in the original rookie story line but it didn't seem right to use emmet or chris's name because they don't seem like the person to abuse as one is LAFD and the other is a lawyer. (not saying LAFD and lawyers can't be abusive!) The kid is not Mark's as Lucy had her daughter as a teen. The kids name is Daisy and she is 3 years old, almost 4. In this story Lucy is 23 and the youngest in the police Rookie class. She was up a grade and graduated four years of college with a psych degree. Jackson is 26, Nolan is 45 and never dated Lucy, and Tim is 28. Mark is 28 and ex military and did a four year tour, he is now a doctor. Daisy, Mark, and Lucy all live in her apartment without Jackson*

Lucy's POV
I woke up to a slap across the face. Mark usually doesn't hit in visible spots but today he did.
Lucy: o-ow, why did I do?
I asked on the verge of tears
Mark: DROP THE ATTITUDE
Lucy: s-sorry, please don't wake D-daisy
I said as a tear fell to my cheek
Mark: LOOK AT THE MESS YOU MADE LAST NIGHT, I WAKE UP AFTER A LONG SHIFT TO SEE DISHES IN THE SINK AND THE TRASH CAN STUFFED!
Lucy: sorry Mark
he was probably right, Mark was a doctor at Shaw Memorial, I mean he had to be tired and not want to have to deal with that.
Mark: SORRY IS NOT GOING TO CUT IT, GET YOUR ASS UP AND DO THE DISHES AND TAKE OUT THE TRASH! WHEN YOUR DONE DONT BOTHER COMING BACK TO BED, SLEEP ON THE COUCH UNTIL YOUR SHIFT AND DAISYS WHINEY ASS BETTER NOT WAKE ME UP EITHER
Lucy: o-ok
I got up and did the dishes after taking out the trash. I waited for my alarm on my phone to go off and quickly snoozed it. I grabbed Daisy out of her bed and got her dressed. I put on the kids show Tots, it's one of the only shows she is quiet too besides her cute giggles and slight singing of the theme song. I made coffee for me and mark. He loves pancakes and says mine are the best. I made a small batch enough for him and Daisy as I don't usually eat in the morning. They were the perfect light but not too light color we all like and I set the table for him and Daisy. I poured him and I a cup of coffee and made sure everything was perfect. I heard him get out of bed and shower. I made sure the pancakes and coffee didn't get cold. I cleaned up any mess the pancakes and coffee made before he came into the kitchen.
Lucy: good morning
i said in a happy tone hoping it would put him in a good mood
Mark: morning, the kitchen looks good, and thanks for doing the dishes
Lucy: of course, Daisy breakfast
Daisy: yayyy
she giggled while trying her best to run towards me. I picked her up and placed her on her booster seat at the table.
Mark: these are delicious thank you
Lucy: of course anything for my two favorite people
Daisy giggled and ate her pancakes in a messy manner
Mark: DAISY, WE DONT PLAY WITH OUR FOOD!
Lucy: she's only three mark, cut her some slack
Mark: SLACK? BEING THREE ISNT AN EXCUSE SHE HAS TO LEARN ONE WAY, AND RECENTLY IM NOT A FAN OF THIS ATTITUDE!
Lucy: sorry
Mark: DAMN RIGHT YOUR SORRY!
He knocked me out of my chair and kicked me in the side
Mark: ARE YOU LOW ENOUGH NOW TO SEE THE MESS THAT LITTLE PIG MADE?!!
I nodded my head yes as I winced in pain, Daisy started crying and boy did that make Mark furious.
Mark: SHUT THE FUCK UP DAISY RAE CHEN!
Daisy cried harder but Mark never hit her, he stormed into our bedroom, grabbed his work stuff and left. Shoot, work! I was going to be late! I rushed over to Daisy and picked her up, it hurt so bad but it didn't matter, I calmed her down while covering up the slight bruise on my face with makeup. I drove daisy to her preschool and dropped her off and rushed to the station. I ran into the locker room and got changed in a stall so no one could see the marks along my body. Thank God for long sleeve uniforms! I then exited the stall and put my stuff in my locker. I tied my hair back trying a different bun today to make sure it hid the bruise I got last week near the back of my neck.
The hair: