Left with a Loss

TW: Death

A quick blur appeared in a large forest, followed by the running footsteps of two armed hunters. They weren't going to give up on this one, certainly not. Nobody else has even captured this creature, and the hunters could already see the fame now. All they had to do was kill this thing, and the rest is history.

The thing that they were chasing after was covered in dark purple bushy fur, with a matted blue belly. It had large pointed ears, so it could hear very well, and as it ran, the sound of its chasers were close by. The creature's glowing blue eyes darted around its surroundings, trying to find a direction to run, and hopefully lose the hunters. Its large clawed hands and feet slammed against the ground, little specks of dirt flying everywhere. In its jaw, neck fur clenched tightly in its sharp teeth, was a much smaller and younger creature, with the same appearance as the beast.

Compared to this massive behemoth, the little one was about the size of a teddy bear. It swayed violently, as it looked up at its guardian, and the surroundings with confusion. One moment they were eating, and now a few minutes later, here they were. The hunters kept their pursuit, panting heavily as they stomped across the marsh ground. As the monster turned another corner, the little one suddenly felt its carrier fall forward, and it yelped as it hit the ground. Looking up with terror in its eyes, it could see the figures of the two men catching up. A large shadow covered it, realizing that its guardian was simply protecting it.

Hearing a few growls, curses, and then gunshots, the baby's eyes widened as it felt the body under it go a bit limp. Its mother was soon lifted up, and it looked up to see the two men...the two men that had killed its mother....they were staring down at the baby with intimidating looks. "What should we do with this one?", one of the men spoke up. The little monster trembled as it lowered itself onto the ground. "Ah, just leave it. We already got this nice big one, that little guy can just fend for himself. If he even can, that is..", the other snickered at that last sentence.

The two men laughed as they dragged the lifeless monster away, soon disappearing from the young one's view. It looked around in fear. It had just lost its mother, and now it was all alone, practically defenseless. A small whimper escaped its mouth as it started walking through the woods, glancing up at the trees, which looked really tall from its perspective. After a few minutes of endlessly wandering, the monster collapsed onto the ground, crying out.

It was all alone now. It couldn't fend for itself, any minute now, it could be a goner. This was probably the end of the line for it.

So yeah, end of first part. I know, starting off pretty sad, but don't worry. The next chapter will be the gang finding the little guy :)