A Day with the Boys

Also, here's a drawing of what Batty's full body looks like, just in case anyone was curious :)

After breakfast, Batty rushed out of the kitchen, zooming into the living room and jumping onto the couch. The gang soon followed, smiling as they watched him get comfy on one of the pillows. Scooby wandered over to the spot, sitting down next to the couch and watching Batty. Daphne and Velma glanced at each other, before the former tapped Fred's shoulder. "Freddie, me and Velma are going out. We figured we'd go shopping and get something for Batty..", she said. Fred nodded. "Sounds good to me. So it'll just be me, Shags and Scooby with the little guy." Scooby looked up, grinning. "Ro boy!", he exclaimed. He was already beginning to like Batty, so he was more than happy to hear that he'd spend more time with the little monster.

It was quite funny, most of the time, he was afraid of monsters, but not Batty. He already felt like a new playmate! He only hoped Shaggy wouldn't get jealous of all the attention he was going to get. He glanced over at Batty as he stretched a little on the pillow. "Alright, we'll be going now. See you later!", Velma said, her and Daphne started for the door. "You boys have fun!", Daphne called, as the two left. Fred clapped his hands together, looking over at Batty. "Alright! So, any suggestions on what we can do?", he asked. Shaggy plopped onto the couch, reaching for the remote. "Like, how about a little TV?", he asked, turning it on. Fred smiled as he sat down as well, and Batty gazed his attention towards the screen, a bit confused.

A crime movie was currently playing on the screen, and Shaggy switched the channels, figuring that Batty wouldn't be too interested in that. As he kept flipping through, they stopped on a news report. Batty looked up and his eyes widened when he saw who was on the screen. The two men who chased him, his mother, and had taken her away, were announced that they have been arrested. Batty sat up, growling at the TV, in which the others looked at him in confusion. "Rhat's wrong, Ratty?", Scooby asked. Batty continued to growl, attempting to explain to the Great Dane. Scooby understood him, and nodded. "Like, what's up with Batty, Scoob?", Shaggy asked, Fred leaning over as well. "Rhose runters rook his mom! Rhat's why he was ralone!", Scooby explained, gesturing with his paws. Shaggy and Fred looked back, now understanding. "Well, the good thing is that they didn't like get off scott-free!", Shaggy said. "Yeah, it's also a good thing we found him last night too..", Fred said, nodding. Batty blew a raspberry at the men on the TV screen, before the channel changed once again. Some cartoon was playing. "You'll probably like this.." Batty kept his focus on the TV, enjoying the show.

A couple hours later, Fred turned the TV off, confusing Batty as he turned to look at the blonde. "I think that's enough for now. How about we all go outside and enjoy how nice it is out today?", Fred asked. Scooby nodded, already excited. "Reah! Reah! Ratty?", he asked, turning his head over to the monster. While he was upset about not getting to see what happens next on the TV, the thought of playing with his new companion made him smile. Batty sat up, wagging his tail, with a grin on his face. "Like, I think he's ready to go!", Shaggy said, getting up, laughing a little. "Then it's settled. Alright, come on guys!", Fred said, walking over to the door. Batty jumped down and followed, as the other two followed close behind.

Walking outside was definitely a good idea. Batty enjoyed the fresh air and the warmth from the sun. He ran around in circles in the grass, occasionally rolling around in it as well. Scooby soon joined in, making Fred and Shaggy smile at the sight. The two took turns chasing each other, plus taking turns fetching a ball that Shaggy had brought along. After all that, Batty and Scooby tiredly followed the two boys as they made their way back to the headquarters. Opening the door, Batty made his way back to the couch, flopping onto his favorite pillow. Scooby got up as well, laying right next to him.

An idea came to Shaggy's mind as he walked towards the kitchen, grabbing a box of Scooby Snax. Fred had already gone somewhere in the headquarters, so it was just the three in the living room now. Shaggy made his way back to the couch, sitting in front of it. "Hey dude, you gotta like, try this, me and Scoobs love this stuff!", he said, making Batty tilt his head up. Scooby perked up too, clearly excited for one as well. Shaggy chuckled, waving his hand. "Settle down, buddy. I'll give you one as well..", he then took one out, handing it to Batty. The monster sniffed the little piece, before pulling it into his mouth. Chewing for a bit, Batty felt blown away by the flavor. He wanted more of this! He reached his little clawed hands out, gesturing for more. "You like it? That's groovy! Alright alright, maybe one or two more!", Shaggy said, laughing. He tossed another one to Batty, before tossing one to Scooby and himself.

Forty minutes later, Daphne and Velma entered in, with some bags. "We're back!", they called. Fred came out, smiling as he wanted to see what they got. "How was it?", he asked. "Pretty great. We got something for Batty. Daphne also got a little something for herself too..", she said with a laugh. Daphne rolled her eyes. "Come on, I couldn't resist...", she said, pulling a shiny necklace out of the bag. "Well, it looks like it'll definitely suit you..", Fred said, making her smile. "Thank you, Freddie. Anyway, here's what we got Batty!", she said, pulling out a pet bed, and a food bowl.

Shaggy, who was holding Batty, and Scooby came into the room, noticing the stuff. "Hey, look dude. You've got your own bed now!", Shaggy told the little monster. Batty jumped out of his arms, going closer as Daphne put the bed down. He stepped into it, before laying in it. He smiled as he got comfortable.

Everyone smiled as they watched Batty close his eyes. "I knew he'd like it..", Velma said.