A New Home and Family

The Mystery Machine finally reached the headquarters, parking right next to the main entrance. As the gang got out, Fred checked to make sure that Batty was still securely wrapped in Shaggy's arms. He smiled when he saw the little beast still fast asleep. They walked into the building, Shaggy gently placing Batty down on a pillow that was on the couch. "Alright gang, I think we should just let the little guy get some sleep. If he needs anything, I'm sure he'll let us know...", Fred said, looking down at the couch. The others nodded, and decided that it was best to just go to their rooms.

Later in the middle of the night, Batty woke up, stretching, but quickly realized that he was in a completely different area. He looked around frantically, then noticing the pillow he was on. This all felt so new, he's never slept on something so comfy before, it had always been the hard ground. Getting up nervously, he jumped off the couch, looking around the dark area. Another thing that Batty had noticed was that nobody seemed to be there. He didn't like the feeling of being alone, so he decided to go look for his new owners. He waddled into the kitchen, still confused. As he left and passed a hallway, he felt his stomach rumbling. It had been quite a while since he ate, so he decided to find whatever door that belonged to someone, and scratch it.

Reaching the first door, he got up a little, scratching at the wood, hoping that whoever was in there would answer. Batty could hear little muffles coming from the other side, and soon some other small noises. He then heard footsteps, which were quiet at first, but got louder. The door slowly opened, and Velma came out, rubbing one of her eyes. She looked down and her eyes opened a little more when she saw who was there. "Batty? Hey, do you need something?", she asked, smiling a little and kneeling down. The little creature nodded, before pointing a small clawed finger at his belly. "Huh...are you hungry?" Batty nodded again. "Alright, to the kitchen then..", Velma said, picking him up.

Placing Batty on a counter, she rummaged through the fridge, until she pulled out a chicken leg. "I'm sure you'd probably like this, you look like a meat eater..", she said, placing it next to Batty before turning back around, getting a bowl. Batty sniffed the chicken, before grabbing it, and shredding it with his teeth. Velma looked back over with shock, but laughed a little. "I think you'll get along really well with Shaggy and Scooby if you got an appetite like that!" She then placed the bowl down, which was filled with milk. "I figured you'd probably have a little trouble with a cup, so I'll just use a bowl, go on, drink it.", she assured. Bringing his mouth over to the bowl, Batty licked the milk, before licking his lips, and diving his tongue into the liquid, milk splashing everywhere.

Velma smiled with amusement as he did this, although she also sighed knowing that she would have to clean that up. After cleaning up, Velma looked down at Batty's rather messy fur. "You know...we should really give you a bath...you were a little dirty when we found you.", she muttered, picking Batty up, as he looked up with confusion. Velma carried him to the bathroom, turning on the lights and closing the door a bit. She ran the tub, Batty looking down into in curiously. As she felt the water, it was just the right temperature. She rolled her sleeves up before picking Batty up and gently placing him in the tub. He was a little freaked out, but Velma gently petted him, and reassured him that he'd be fine. Using some soap and gently scrubbing him, Batty felt relaxed, in a way, it was kinda like a massage.

Velma wrapped him in a towel, drying him off. A few minutes later, Batty shook a little, his fur looking all poofy. Velma smiled, giggling a little. "I bet you feel much better now, huh?", she asked. Batty nodded. "Alright, it's time to go back to sleep..", she said, getting up. Batty quickly ran over to her leg, placing his hands on them. "What?", Velma asked, looking down. Batty looked up at her with a slightly scared look. "Do you...want to sleep with me? You don't want to sleep alone?", she asked. He nodded again. A small smile crossed her lips. "Alright, then let's go..", she said, picking him up, and carrying him to her room. Placing him on the bed, she got in, seeing that he was sleeping closely next to her. She smiled, muttering a goodnight before drifting off.

The next morning, the gang was in the kitchen having breakfast. Velma came in, setting Batty down on the floor. "Hey Velmster! Sleep good?", Fred asked, pulling out her chair. She smiled as she sat down. "Yeah, until Batty was hungry last night, so I fed him, and gave him a quick bath.", she explained. "Aw, I bet he feels much better now than he did last night..", Daphne said, handing her the milk. Fred smiled as he looked down at Batty, who was looking up at him. "Here buddy, you want some eggs?", he asked, kneeling down and placing a plate of eggs on the floor. Batty grinned, quickly diving into the eggs. Fred laughed. "Geez, looks like Scooby and Shaggy have some competition..", he muttered. The girls laughed, and they could hear footsteps down the hall. "Speak of the devil, here they come!", Daphne said.

Shaggy and Scooby walked in, seeing Batty eating eggs on the floor. "Morning Shagster, Scoob.", Fred said. "Morning..", Shaggy replied opening the fridge. "You guys want some eggs and bacon?" "Like, what kind of question is that? Of course!", Shaggy said, smiling. "Regs and Racon!", Scooby beamed, running to the table. The others laughed. "Hey, where's like, that chicken leg?!", Shaggy suddenly asked.