Chapter 3 - Flow

That night, Mikey logged in a Google account he had made for himself ages ago without April's knowledge and hopped on the local bus stop site to search for a ticket, he had some money with him and he needed to know just how far it could take him, until he stumbled across a pretty good offer, a bus ticket to Canada that costed about 40-50 dollar, Mikey had found a legit 100 dollar bill sticking out of a thug's pocket after a patrol, he felt a bit bad for taking it but stealing shouldn't be bad if you're stealing from a robber, right?

After reserving the ticket 2 weeks in advance he had to use April info to complete the process, like her ID number and stuff, which wasn't really hard, it was all saved on her account and he knew her password since she gave it to him so he could use her laptop without having to ask her to put it in every couple of minutes, after doing all that, he wrote all the needed information on a piece of paper, including a passcode that he would have to tell in order to get the ticket, with everything done and the date set, Michelangelo deleted the account, destroying his tracks so he wouldn't be followed, it was a bit of a tough choice but he just couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh, you hit me because you are frustrated?"
Mikey could be ok with that

"Oh, you said mean things to me because I did something wrong?"
Mikey could be ok with that too

"Oh, you don't show care or support towards me or my feelings unless something bad actually happens because of it?"
Again, Mikey could be ok with that

To a degree.

Michelangelo can only handle so much.

And what Raphael did just crossed all imaginable barriers to what Mikey can let slide.

Take an innocent life is a crime that the death penalty is too much of a blessing for, this kind of murderer deserves to live in hell for what they did, dying would be just an easy way out, they deserve to feel pain, they deserve to suffer through a 100 tortures each and every single day, for they deserve to know what cruelty feels like in their own skin.

Mikey was burning up with anger as the recent events flashed through his head, that agonizing resentment was just made worse with how little Mikey cared for himself, he hadn't bathed in a while and his dark room is a mess, and it's only as dark as it is because accidentally broke the light bulb while throwing stuff around in a rage, the broken glass shards were just laying around in the corner of the room, Mikey couldn't even bring himself to clean THAT up, he just despised everything now, he despised the people he once called family, he despised the place he once felt like home, he despised the way he felt and thought about stuff around him.

No matter what he did, no matter how much he isolated himself, no one seemed to care, his brothers didn't even try to talk to him ever since he went off at Splinter, who also hasn't spoken to him since that day, Mikey feels like it was his fault, which is partially true, maybe he should have figured that there were better ways to deal with that situation instead of attempting homicide on his brother, maybe he could have kept his mouth shut when his father towered over him and scolded him for what he did, there were so many better ways he could have dealt with all of that, but because he didn't control his emotions he was now hitting rock bottom, his life sucked and he managed to get his whole family to hate him, which wasn't actually truth, but what could he do? No one was talking to anyone and he was just too upset to carry on like that.

After about 1 or 2 hours, April returned to get her laptop back, but instead of just leaving Mikey be like everyone seemed to be doing, she actually tried to speak with him.

🟡 - "Do you wanna talk?"

Those words caught Mikey off guard, and despite knowing he should probably let go of the things that are making him upset since he's gonna be gone soon, he just really felt like letting it all out, so for the first time in a while, Mikey let someone into his room, April was a bit disturbed by the state Mikey's room was in, but she didn't dare to say anything, she was the first person he's allowed in after all, if she makes him upset he can just kick her out and become more of a shut-in, and considering that his whole family seem to just expect him to get over himself and not do much of an effort to reconnect with him, she was probably the last hope he had for now.

April then sat on his bed, Mikey sat next to her, not wanting to be too close to her but still craving contact and company, they stayed in an awkward silence until April started to chat.

🟡 - "I, uh... heard what happened to Ice cream kitty... are you ok?"

Such simple words, and yet they were so successful in breaking Mikey down into a crying mess, April immediately hugged him, to show him some much needed comfort, he sobbed and whined in her arms for a bit until he calmed down and April layed his head on her lap to let him relax, as Mikey finally started talking again, she began stroking him head gently.

🟠 - "She died... Raph killed her.... bow I'm all alone..."

🟡 - "Come on now... don't you have any more friends?"

🟠 - "I used to have Leatherhead... until he left to dimension X and died of old age..."

🟡 - "O-oh my God! I had no idea..."

🟠 - "I just... I don't know what to do anymore, April..."

🟡 - "Look... I don't know what to say to you exactly, but I just want to let you know that... I'm also your friend, yeah, I might hang out with your brother more often than not but I also care about you, and even though it doesn't seem like it right now, I'm pretty sure your family does too.

The two share a moment of silence that is made short with the sound of a vibrating phone, April excuses herself and leaves with a smile, hoping she made a good difference for Mikey, but he was left a bit... underexcited, as much as he wanted to agree with her, that wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, and to him atleast it felt like she wasn't prioritizing him in a situation where he was supposedly needing comfort, he was confused, he felt a bit selfish for wanting or expecting her to be this beacon of comfort and understanding when she was just there to try and making him feel better, but at the same time he wanted someone that saw things in his perspective and supported his views, he wanted to be reaffirmed that he was actually coming from somewhere despite not even attempting to see things in other ways, but in the end of the day, he doesn't need to worry about this anymore, he's going to leave soon anyway so he just needs to find a way to sneak past everyone without raising suspicion, and so, he started cracking up a plan.