Chapter 5

Naomi's POV

Today was the day I finally talk to me crush. Melvin gregg. I have had a crush on him since 5 grade. Today I was going to go up to him and talk to him.

My friends, Michelle and Nicole, talked me into it. I was going to talk to him when he was playing ball with his friends.

I called my friends up and asked them to come over. Only Nicole could make it because Michelle was on her surprise date with Matthew. Nicole made it to my house 10 minutes. I showed Nicole the outfit I picked out. The outfit I picked up was a pair of blue Jean shorts and a black crop top with some blue high tops.

Nicole said she liked my outfit looked nice on me. I put on the outfit and told Nicole that I was finally going to talk to Melvin today. She said she was proud of me.

It was 3:30, time to go go the basketball court and talk to Melvin. Nicole, being the nice person she is, said she would drop me off at the baskeball court. When I got there Melvin and his friends were already there playing a game. I stayed near the benches and watched them play. Then the ball came near me and they all looked at me. So I picked the ball up and I made a perfect shot. The boys were shocked and they came near me and gave me high-fives. And I decided to play with them.

My team ended up winning and we decided to get ice cream for our victory celebration. Melvin, who was on the other team, came over to me and sat down next to me, I was sitting on the bleachers with my team, and he began speaking to me.

"Hello beautiful what's your name?"

I blushes when he called me beautiful. He's so sweet. That's one of the reasons why I like him so much.

"My name's Naomi, what's yours?" I said pretending that I didn't know.

"Melvin" and he held our his hand so that I could shake it.

He told me I was a really good a playing ball and asked if I needed a ride to the ice cream parlor. Of course I said yes and we walked to his car and he came to the passenger side and open my door for me. I swear he is the sweetest thing. He jogged over to his side and he got in on side and started the car but before he did he looked at me and smiled at me. I looked away and blushed, he chuckled at me and mumbled something about how cute I was.

During the ride we listen to music but we didn't talk at all. He had his hand on my thigh the whole time. His thumb rub in circles and I holding in my squeals and used my hair to hide my cheeks because if he saw them he'd think they were tomatoes.

When we made it to the ice cream place. He came over to my side and open my door for me and we walked in hand in hand. I was so happy that I could even explain to you how happy I was. Well, if you asked me, I would say "The happiest girl alive".