Kash

It had been about an hour since the plane left without them. They regrouped alongside Mae, where Darius announced they'd be staying until they fixed Mantah Corp.'s wrongs. He knew it wouldn't go too well with some.

"Sure. Whatever you say," Yaz said, barely audible.

"Let's get to work then. We've got to get Pierce back to the desert biome," Mae said. "And, if the plane's gone, that means the new dinosaur food has already been unloaded."

They made their way to the airlock, where they decided on who would do what.

"We'll go check the T. rex area to make sure the BRADs haven't tainted their food," Brooklynn announced, pointing to Darius. His eyes widened slightly.

"Y'all, Yaz and I are both wrecked. So we're gonna go get some rest, if that's cool," Sammy suddenly spoke.

"Of course," Brooklynn approved.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," Ben agreed.

"After you're all done, we'll meet at Mae's and figure out a game plan to protect the dinos," Yaz said. There were no objections, so the group spread out. Kenji joined Mae and Ben in the desert, hoping it could aid his cold. Brooklynn and Darius made their way into the forest to check out the T. rex food. And Sammy and Yasmina made their way back to the cave.

It was a calm trek back to Mae's place, and Sammy immediately led Yaz to the bed.

"I think I might have forgotten how to fall asleep," Yaz muttered.

"People always say to clear your mind, but I like to think of all the things that make me feel warm and gooey," Sammy said.

"What if I've forgotten that too?" Yasmina questioned.

"Think about home. What you miss."

After a moment of silence, Sammy lay down next to the track star.

"I'll start. I miss strong showers. That thing when you wake up before your alarm, and you realize you still get to sleep for an hour," she spoke, a yawn sneaking through her words. "Cable TV."

Yasmina thought about it. Everything she loved before the trip to Jurassic World.

"I miss cheeseburgers. Hotdogs or corndogs."

It worked like a charm. She felt her mind relax, the fear of what might await her in her sleep dissipating. And turning onto her side to see Sammy's gorgeous face, and that warm smile she loved so much, only helped as she switched back to lying on her back.

"Maybe I just miss mustard and ketchup," she joked, eyes closing.

"I miss my sister yelling at football games," Sammy reminisced.

"I miss watching my mom get ready for work," Yasmina also reminisced. The memories of so many Saturday mornings in her life where her mother would prepare some lunch for her, before getting herself ready and saying goodbye. She wanted those Saturdays back. And she couldn't wait to have them back.

"The dumb high-five she gives me when I come home from school," the track star continued. "Miss her kebabs. Our movie nights. I miss..."

Yasmina trailed off. The nostalgia of everything that had been lost in all thse months of pain and struggle and terror bringing her a sense of comfort as she peacefully drifted to sleep. There were no Scorpioses, no Indominus rexes. Just memories of what she hoped to soon have back.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When the BRAD had left, depositing more of the white cubes on top of the meat laid for the T. rexes, Brooklynn and Darius made their move. They'd managed to pick up a good few before those all too familiar footsteps were heard. The two teenagers hid behind a tree, watching as Big Eatie carried a chunk of meat, walking right past them, and thankfully, not noticing them.